APUTIS ELA M251 capsule holders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

So here are some pictures of some design changes in the kit that you will receive:

1. Bigger radiuses on the edges of upper headbasket ring:
IMG_8856-th.jpg

IMG_8854-th.jpg

thumb_IMG_8849_1024-th.jpg

2. Winged fixing ring added to prevent the female connector from loosening and spinning around:

thumb_IMG_8846_1024-th.jpg

3. End bell now has better plating and lathe cut for more accurate positioning:

IMG_8851-th.jpg

And here are some little puppies ready for soldering...

thumb_IMG_2204_1024-th.jpg

By the way - I had some questions about the surface plating which from the first time may seem too sensitive to finger prints. Do not worry, this will become resistant to finger prints in few weeks. It just needs some time for oxidation. Also some may notice marks left from wooden box holders. This is the same oxidation.

All fingerprints and other marks during oxidation process can be easily removed with dry and soft cloth.
And also do not forget to wear rubber gloves while assembling the mic, this will help to avoid further cleaning.

Also DO NOT OVER TIGHT THE SCREWS OF HEADBASKET. Threads are strong enough to hold the pressure as they are taped in stainless steel, however tight the screws until it becomes concentric and touches the chamfered surface of a headbasket - simply until it is enough.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Andriejus said:
So here are some pictures of some design changes in the kit that you will receive:
1. Bigger radiuses on the edges of upper headbasket ring:

Dear Andrew!
Soon i will send you email with some other questions, but right now i have one very important question for me :)
Is the Bigger radiuses on the edges of upper headbasket ring would be one and final design for next production runs?
Do you have any spare headbasket made as previously?

Hey,

To be honest - bigger radiuses only for this batch. Personally for me-visually it looks better, but it takes more time and effort to weld because of bigger radiuses....and another one more important thing - this is probably the last batch of aluminium bodies because of complicated electroless plating. I will start making brass bodies soon, however this will affect the rpice as well, but it will me more closer to the original and it will simplify plating process...

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hey Andrew,

those mic bodies look absolutely amazing, I want one!! I'll write you a mail ;)

Best regards,
Mathias

Andriejus,

So I started building a mic for your body, and I am a bit confused about the male 7 pin connector in the mic.. I for the life of me cant figure out how it attaches..  There is a plastic sleeve and that's it??  Do I need to glue it? seems a bit messed up or I missing something. Surprised no has had this issue?

Eric

tskguy said:
Andriejus,

So I started building a mic for your body, and I am a bit confused about the male 7 pin connector in the mic.. I for the life of me cant figure out how it attaches..  There is a plastic sleeve and that's it??  Do I need to glue it? seems a bit messed up or I missing something. Surprised no has had this issue?

Eric

Is this what you are looking for? http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=58609.msg769235#msg769235

No,

That I figured out with the help of the video.. I am speaking about the part connected to the mic... The male part on the mic..
Mine is just loose and when you screw on the connector pushes it in to the mic? Seems like something is missing?

Eric

Hi Eric,

Could you please make some pictures of your trouble and post there in the thread? It should be pretty easy to assemble the connector.

There should be a plastic "O" ring in the male connector. You should remove this ring, then place the contacts, then place the ring back which will fix it in the place.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi All,

Just some pictures of production:

Some puppies ready for plating:

IMG_8859-th.jpg

IMG_8858-th.jpg

And here is something new that I've been working on...:

IMG_8868-th.jpg

IMG_8866-th.jpg

Kind regards,
Andrew

Andriejus said:
And here is something new that I've been working on...:

And i even know what it is :)
You should make some photo-quiz with prizes :D

Could you Andrew look on the second email from me, there are two (important for me) questions ;)

Ha !! Figured it out.... ;D
I didn't see the ridge in the inside for some reason!!

Hey All!

How do you guys mount your MK47 pcbs? anybody got a link to some nice l-brackets?

thanks

I mounted mine with cable ties.  It's a faff but it works.

I have a question.  There is little to no space in the Aputis body to fix down the heat dropper resistor in the MK47 kit.  I'm experiencing crackling similar to the reports leading back to the old resistor shipped in the MK47 kits and I think it's due to resistor not getting good enough contact.

Now, the MK47 only requires 5 of the 7 cores in tube mic cable.  Is there any reason why I couldn't mount the heat dropper resistor in the PSU and use the two remaining cores to hook up??

B

I got them too. Excellent work... Will post photos later ... Mine are with mat grille ... It worth to wait every single minute ...

Attachments

• u47.jpg
    u47.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 77
burglar said:
I mounted mine with cable ties.  It's a faff but it works.

I have a question.  There is little to no space in the Aputis body to fix down the heat dropper resistor in the MK47 kit.  I'm experiencing crackling similar to the reports leading back to the old resistor shipped in the MK47 kits and I think it's due to resistor not getting good enough contact.

Now, the MK47 only requires 5 of the 7 cores in tube mic cable.  Is there any reason why I couldn't mount the heat dropper resistor in the PSU and use the two remaining cores to hook up??

B

To far away from where it needs to be the voltage drop will be an additional problem. Take a piece of aluminum and make a heat sink out of it that you can place in the body anywhere and attach the resistor to that or you can drill and tap the bottom bell and attach it there

Attachments

• DSCN3754.JPG
    DSCN3754.JPG
    394.6 KB · Views: 119
mrcase said:
Hey All!

How do you guys mount your MK47 pcbs? anybody got a link to some nice l-brackets?

thanks

These worked nicely for me.
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=621virtualkey53400000virtualkey534-621

Hi Jess,

Should be able to ship your kit by the end of the next week or in the middle of the next next week - I ran out of connectors and ordered them before the month, but after waiting for them last week my supplier said that he will not be able to manufacture them for some reasons, so I bought from another, but their delivery time is 10-15 days..

Best Andrew

Latest posts

Back