APUTIS ELA M251 capsule holders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andriejus said:
Hi Jess,

Should be able to ship your kit by the end of the next week or in the middle of the next next week - I ran out of connectors and ordered them before the month, but after waiting for them last week my supplier said that he will not be able to manufacture them for some reasons, so I bought from another, but their delivery time is 10-15 days..

Best Andrew
Is this the same with mine? If so are they binder connectors or anything else that we could order and expedite the procedure? I truly appreciate that you are trying to make these as nice as possible, however It seems to me that you are trying to do too much for the diy crowd here, hence some are  still waiting 10 months for their body's. I may lose my hearing before I get the mic built to use haha

Duane,

There is never too much, I am perfectionist in this and I want to make the best I can. Your mic kit will be ready as soon as I get connectors.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Just wanted to check on my headbasket.  On March 1st, in an email, you said you should be receiving them back from the plater by March 8th.  I didn't hear back from you since then.  Can you tell me if it has shipped?

Thanks,

Scott

Edit:  Looks like it'll be on the way very soon.  ;D ;D ;D

2nd Edit:  The headbasket arrived 4/12 and looks fantastic!  Thanks!!!

ELAM251stylemount01-vi.jpg

More info - [email protected]

Kind regards,
Andrew

Anyone want to buy my single mic, shock mount, and box kit? This has just drug out too long for me to hang around. I originally was buying it to build a mic for a friend in June. Since then I've found an Equinox body, snatched it up, and finished it looooong ago. I Originally thought that these looked nice and what the heck, I'll keep it for myself, even though I already have 2 Equinox u47 clones that I've built for me. I've also just ordered a AMI m49 that will be here in 2 days (imagine that). I really think this whole thread should be in the lab or mic area, since it was no where near a product ready for sale that would shipping anytime soon.

Hey Duantro,

I understand your concern. You can sell it or if you want I can make a full refund to you right now. Let me know.

Kind regards,
Andrew

It comes down to supporting a start-up or going with an established Company. I have dealt with major Global Conglomerates that have not given any support to their products. Sometimes things take more time then they should. But in this case its worth it. I waited for my bodies a long time and they did come and they are awesome. I have also ordered kit from other manufacturers who sent it next day only to open the box and find that it was missing parts and they had substituted parts etc.....

In short these are worth the wait!

Pip said:
It comes down to supporting a start-up or going with an established Company. I have dealt with major Global Conglomerates that have not given any support to their products. Sometimes things take more time then they should. But in this case its worth it. I waited for my bodies a long time and they did come and they are awesome. I have also ordered kit from other manufacturers who sent it next day only to open the box and find that it was missing parts and they had substituted parts etc.....

In short these are worth the wait!
That's my point Pip. IF these were presented as a "startup" as opposed to "first round finished, and now taking orders (and payment) for second round", then it very much appears as all of the research and development has been done with round 1.  I know improving on things can take some time- maybe a month or 2...but 10?! Also with the ad in the White Market, it appears as a product that is ready to be sold, which is/ was definitely not the case.  This should have been a feeler thread.
I'm sure they look great, and that's why I held on after I sent a different mic to my friend many months ago, but this is ridiculous.  I've joined in on the Neumann power supply cases that were in a feeler thread, that went from ordered to arrival in 1 1/2 months.

Andriejus said:
Hey Duantro,

I understand your concern. You can sell it or if you want I can make a full refund to you right now. Let me know.

Kind regards,
Andrew
TLRT expressed interest in my kit. Feel free to refund me and save my kit for tlrt if you'd like

No problem Duane,

Sorry if this caused any troubles for you.
I want all to know why this thread is in White market. First of all I placed a thread in "Microphones", but the forum moderator decided that this should be in a white market as I am collecting money, so this is why my thread is in a "White market". All who ordered a kit know that this was a community financed project...guess it was some kind of misunderstanding. Please check your e-mail about refunding.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Andriejus said:
I want all to know why this thread is in White market. First of all I placed a thread in "Microphones", but the forum moderator decided that this should be in a white market as I am collecting money, so this is why my thread is in a "White market".

That seems exactly as I remember it happening.

Andriejus said:
All who ordered a kit know that this was a community financed project...
I Sure didn't know this. Apparently Jesse Jackson didn't either, from his response. First page Shows a bunch of awesome looking finished mics, without a single word mentioning this being a crowd funding project that may take 10 months or so.
Anyway, I appreciate the prompt refund. Cheers.

trans4funks1 said:
Andriejus said:
ELAM251stylemount01-vi.jpg

More info - [email protected]

Kind regards,
Andrew

What are we looking at?  I see a custom capsule mount... and my imagination is running wild about the rest. Are those relay switches?

no switches, just foam type shock mount stuff, i picked up 3 of these, one for my C12, and 2 for future elam clone builds.

Thank you. The red stuff is foam?

I was getting excited thinking someone had made a "universal" solution to the on board switching dilemma which seems to be caused by a mis match between mic body assembly or fitment, and the available switches form factors.

A universal mount for a relay up near the capsule coule be a really cool replacement for the original U47 style switch assembly, and it could aid people doing turret board style assemblies in the main area of the mic body in finding a place to stick the relay. :)

Andrew, if these mounts are for sale, please PM me with details for purchasing a pair.

duantro said:
Andriejus said:
All who ordered a kit know that this was a community financed project...
I Sure didn't know this. Apparently Jesse Jackson didn't either, from his response. First page Shows a bunch of awesome looking finished mics, without a single word mentioning this being a crowd funding project that may take 10 months or so.
Anyway, I appreciate the prompt refund. Cheers.
Time frame is unfortunate. But that's basically how most of the kits around here go, some taking longer than others. It is, after all, DIY, and the white market isn't exactly a store.

Keep in mind it takes A LOT of time to do these kinds of kits, and few of us are flush enough to bank roll such projects without orders - it also costs a shocking amount of money up front which few of us can afford.

Aputis will deliver. At least you can know there are satisfied customers if you read some of the posts from at least one of his projects, maybe this one.

I hear you though...waiting sucks. Then again you could always just...do it yourself ;)

Back