Audio and Design F760

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trimmers were just what we had in stock (they are adjustable with difficulty) ..... you can get all of those in the "side on" style for ease of adjustment.....

The plan is that Dan will be doing the metalwork, Gustav the PCB's....

Sodderboy - it just follows the original style.... or should I say "STyle".

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

It did sound better than my vocal streser (but to be fair that didn't have any transformers.... and is 20 years old).

The prototype PCB's were GBP 48 each (5 off).... but production quantities would be significantly cheaper..... and you don't really need the EMC connection PCB's for self build.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Colin did you try recapping the Vocal Stressor ??  I just did one for a friend & it makes a massive difference, more than I expected.  I'm not sure the one I was dealing with had transformers either.    It does have quite a large number of caps in it !

Hi Lads,

Colin, that looks the biz mate  ;D

Havent played with the F760, but I've used a F600RS with Gardners inputs and Custom wound Output Transformers that were made here in Port Talbot - Sadly no more ( they were made by the same company that made the iron for the Rosser console - the original Rockfield desk , think Queen Bohemian Rhapsody  ;) ), and it is probably one of the gutsiest compressors i've ever used.
It's currently in the Manics' Studio in Cardiff ( used to be Stir Recording).
here's some pics
normal_F600_RS_1.JPG

normal_F600_RS_2.JPG

normal_F600_RS_3.JPG

normal_F600_RS_4.JPG

normal_F600_RS_5.JPG

normal_F600_RS_6.JPG

normal_F600_RS_7.JPG

The schematics are around here somewhere, but in an earlier post, our esteemed PRR found some errors in the drawings so I never pursued it further ( just haven't got the time !?!?!)

Got some pics of the Rosser Comp and EQ somewhere.... I'll upload them for the lads.

Hope all is well fellas,
Steve  ;)

Rob Flinn said:
bernbrue said:
Mattia,
I would like to add transformers for my Compex. It´s the same as shown in the pictures above. Do I need simple 1:1 trannies for input and output?
regards
Bernd

The inputs are 10k:10k & the outputs are 600:600 according to the FX760 manual.

I received this info from Brian Sowter, back when restoring F760 and F700.

For the input transformer I recommend type 3575 (10k/10k) and for the Output I recommend type 3257.
http://www.sowter.co.uk/acatalog/SOWTER_TRANSFORMERS_ISOLATOR_BALANCERS_2.html#a4
http://www.sowter.co.uk/acatalog/SOWTER_TRANSFORMERS_ISOLATOR_BALANCERS_2.html#a313

Attachments

• ADR-RS Trafos.jpg
    ADR-RS Trafos.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 146
Sorry for the delay..... I finally got round to re-tracking the faceplate circuit board last week so it should be available fairly shortly..... Gustav will be making the PCB's..... I just have to sort out the metalwork with Dan who will be provinding the cases (hopefully).

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Slenderchap said:
Sorry for the delay..... I finally got round to re-tracking the faceplate circuit board last week so it should be available fairly shortly..... Gustav will be making the PCB's..... I just have to sort out the metalwork with Dan who will be provinding the cases (hopefully).

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com
Can't wait.... This will for sure be my next project. Thanks for the work Colin ;) ;) :eek: 8) 8)

Cheers
Soren

There will be some sort of partial kit (not exactly sure what parts yet... transformers, pots, switches, caps)..... Gustav for PCB's (he has only moments ago sent an email to say the final version is on its way to me).... Dan for Metalwork (possibly).

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Latest posts

Back