Feeler: Chinese K47/CK12 Capsule Groupbuy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Order when we reach minimum quantities, or move ahead with K47 only?

• K47 only

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Wait for CK12

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • Don't mind either way

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
I think it's pretty safe to assume just about everyone will want mounts to go with the capsules :)

We'll take care of all the payments before we order!

shot said:
I'm thinking of going for 2 or 4. Still haven't decided...
With mounts if possible!

When do we have to pay?

Ok, price for the K47 is confirmed at CHF 27.50/capsule incl. mount.

However, because of the Chinese New-Year holidays coming up, the leadtime they confirmed is at double to triple their usual delay. What that means in practice for us, whether we order now or at the end of January, the delivery date would be practically the same.

Another colleague of mine also recommended we avoid ordering anything during the rush leading up to the holidays, as the quality of output from China usually drops quite a bit. So what I'm thinking is we wait it out, using this extra time to get more people involved, and order all three types of capsules: CK12, K87, and K47.

The capsules we'll buy are the microphoneparts.com model numbers RK12, RK47 and RK87.  The CK12 is definitely used by Telefunken for their AR-51, but for the K87/K47, the only one I can think of is Mojave (someone else might have some other commercial examples of their implementation?).

The factory pricing for each is:
CK12 – CHF 28.80
K47 - CHF 27.50
K87 – CHF 26.50

Let me know what all of you think of this approach.

Considering the situation and the best-approach recommendations - "if something's worth doing, it's worth doing right", "better late than never", and "good things come to those who wait" ;D

In other words, at least as far as i'm concerned, next month's perfectly fine with me, especially if it ensures "normal" (rather than lower-than-usual) quality :) And in this case, i might "even" be interested in a pair of CK12's, as well.

Although i'm not so sure that Telefunken link is so accurate - http://cdn.recordinghacks.com/images//mic_extras/telefunkenusa/AR51-circuit.jpg

I'm sorry if it's been mentioned before, but where are you based, Banzai? :) Just slightly curious regarding what shipping costs to expect :D

If this is the case I would be interested in 2 ck12's. I only really need one but just in case the quality is not good on one I have a backup. Are you in the US?

I'd go for 2x K47 and 2x C12

I wish there was a way to pay now and wait for the order whenever it happens!
Funds for diy stuff tend tu burn quickly!
8)

I'm ready to buy 4 pieces 47's, and could buy 2-4  C12 , if that is not enough to order. If there will be instructions on how to do it.

I'm based in Europe! ;)

For anyone in N. America or Australia/NZ, the shipping will only be slightly higher compared to someone in Europe. Benefit of capsules being so small.

Khron said:
I'm sorry if it's been mentioned before, but where are you based, Banzai? :) Just slightly curious regarding what shipping costs to expect :D

I'm also thinking we establish a minimum order of 3 capsules per person. If we go for all three types, we're buying around 300 capsules total, and I'm just one person to process, package, label and ship everything.

I can imagine myself shipping out 100 packages as a one-off, but any more than that would probably get a bit crazy.

Banzai said:
Yeah, they swapped from that K67 a while back: http://www.telefunken-elektroakustik.com/press/press-release.php?link=telefunken-intros-tk51d-capsule-ar51-ar70

I'm based in Europe! ;)

Ah, fair enough, my bad then :) But still, even with chinese capsules, they STILL ask for north of 2K for one of these mics? Sheesh...

Yay, lower shipping and zero customs! ;D

And that 3 capsule minimum should be easy enough to reach - relatively few people seem to want / have wanted just 1 or 2 (so far) anyway. Very much looking forward to all of this coming true ;D Damn i adore DIY...

Back