• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Laz Pro LA3A 500 series FINAL RUN GROUP ORDER PreOrder SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can we get enough orders to persuade Peter Purpose to do another run.

• I'm interested in purchasing a kit or 2!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I'm not interested!

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
TheJames said:
Mulletchuck,

Since your post is the one that I referenced...and you're suggesting these other sources, is one to infer that you were ultimately not able to get a solution from Greg?  Just curious.  Obviously raw parts work and are most likely cheaper.

I waited a good 5 months for him to come up with something.  Asking every few weeks for an update... he'd made a prototype, he'd made a revision to it, he's waiting for new EL panels, blah blah blah.  After a while, he said he gave up because he couldn't get the prototype to behave like the normal T4Bs he'd made.  So i went with my DIY option instead. 

AND IT SOUNDS THE SAME AS MIKE'S SA3A.

Thanks for that insight.  I didn't see any further mention of it in the thread so I wasn't sure what happened with the whole thing.

I appreciate your efforts in trying to work this out, and also for identifying sources for T4B parts.  It definitely makes things easier for the rest of us.

I´m in for a pair. Did a transfer to my PP account today and need to wait until it clears to send it over to Peter. So my my guess is that the payment will be done on tuesday.
Thanks for doing this run, gents!

I sent a note to Hairball about maybe putting together some bundles for the transformers like he used to have.

Hopefully he'll get that rolling for us.

saxmonster said:
I see he has the cinemag cm-2511, has the autoformer EA-11184 in 500 series but the EA-11148 is out of stock and doesn't say it for 500 series.  Will a transformer kit be offer from hairball again?

Yes I'm expecting B11148-500's any day.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi All,

Payment sent for four kits.

If any EU residents want to organise something for groupbuy of overseas parts, feel free to get in touch.

Best regards,

Rogy
Rogydoggy at telenet dot be

;D
50u5.jpg

1. toolboxmuziq - 2 kits (waiting on check to clear to make payment)
2. Potstweaker - 1 kit
3. Mus1k_freak - 1 kit PAID
4. Purup - 2 kits PAID
5.  kvothe - 2 kits PAID
6. MatthewF - 1 kit PAID
7. Peskado - 2 kits
8. Kdramsey - 2 kits PAID
9. saxmonster - 1 kit PAID
10. TheJames - 2 kits PAID
11. Tungstengruvsten- 2 kits
12. Spiritworks - 2 kits PAID
13. Adrian - 2 kits PAID
13. Jensenman - 2 kits
14. Rogy - 4 kits PAID
15. JamesW - 1 kit

Hi All,

Payment sent for 1 kit. Thanks for the possibility to have this kit again!
My vote for black if possible.

Best regards

Here was my mouser cart for the project.  It was set up for building a pair, so quantities are doubled:

http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=7dbeb2005e 

be advised that the transistors with metal outer shells need to sit off of the opamps a few millimeters.  I had to re-order them.  Also, be sure about the orientation of the EL panel!!!  I wasted a good 2 months thinking these things didn't work because the Transistors were touching the PCB, and the EL panel wasn't lighting up.  Turns out I had the EL panel upside down so it was flashing into that little daughterboard it gets glued to. 

Final thoughts:  I didn't add foam or anything around it to block out the light.  the inside of the chassis is super dark as it is when populated, so there's no light getting in there anyway.  These sound great.  the Trimmer that sits on an op amp is the trimmer that corresponds with the HF switch on Ruckus' SA3A, which basically turns on a De-esser in the circuit.  turning the trimmer one way or the other turns on or off the de-esser circuit. 

1. toolboxmuziq - 2 kits (waiting on check to clear to make payment)
2. Potstweaker - 1 kit
3. Mus1k_freak - 1 kit PAID
4. Purup - 2 kits PAID
5.  kvothe - 2 kits PAID
6. MatthewF - 1 kit PAID
7. Peskado - 2 kits
8. Kdramsey - 2 kits PAID
9. saxmonster - 1 kit PAID
10. TheJames - 2 kits PAID
11. Tungstengruvsten- 2 kits
12. Spiritworks - 2 kits PAID
13. Adrian - 2 kits PAID
13. Jensenman - 2 kits PAID
14. Rogy - 4 kits PAID
15. JamesW - 1 kit
16. odfull - 1 kit PAID

mulletchuck said:
Here was my mouser cart for the project.  It was set up for building a pair, so quantities are doubled:

http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=7dbeb2005e 

be advised that the transistors with metal outer shells need to sit off of the opamps a few millimeters.  I had to re-order them.  Also, be sure about the orientation of the EL panel!!!  I wasted a good 2 months thinking these things didn't work because the Transistors were touching the PCB, and the EL panel wasn't lighting up.  Turns out I had the EL panel upside down so it was flashing into that little daughterboard it gets glued to. 

Final thoughts:  I didn't add foam or anything around it to block out the light.  the inside of the chassis is super dark as it is when populated, so there's no light getting in there anyway.  These sound great.  the Trimmer that sits on an op amp is the trimmer that corresponds with the HF switch on Ruckus' SA3A, which basically turns on a De-esser in the circuit.  turning the trimmer one way or the other turns on or off the de-esser circuit.
Thanks Chuck you are certainly vital to this last runs success im gonna compile a list of link to materials for this build

Latest posts

Back