• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Laz Pro LA3A 500 series FINAL RUN GROUP ORDER PreOrder SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can we get enough orders to persuade Peter Purpose to do another run.

• I'm interested in purchasing a kit or 2!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I'm not interested!

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
What is roughly the final cost to make one of these?  Are there any pics of completed units?

Trying to convince myself I need 1 or 2...

Thanks!
Sig

the JLM uses Vactrols and doesn't have anywhere near the number of transformers that this thing has.  This thing is pretty accurate to the original LA3A, excluding form factor  there are plenty of guts shots in the build thread.  I built a pair of these, and an SA3A.  it's super hard to tell them apart, sonically.  I'd reckon it costs around $700 for a pair, if you DIY the T4B using the links i supplied.  if you actually dissect a real T4B, add another $250 to that build price. 

Half the meters got here today.
The daft tart in Hong Kong thought to send two separate packages, so I hope the second batch arrives.
Still pleased at the speed.

Is there anyone out there that's built these interested in building one of these for me, and can estimate what the cost would be?
This is my first post, and while looking for an affordable way to get an LA3A,  I came across this thread.
I'm in the US. (Nashville, TN). 

thanks!

Steve

2nd batch of meters are in, so enough for all ordered.
Still waiting on pcbs and metalwork.

I'll update as soon as I know anything.

peter

1. toolboxmuziq - 2 kits (1 kit PAID Wife went on a shopping spree with other money so hopefully by the end of the week ill have the rest of the cash)
2. Potstweaker - 1 kit
3. Mus1k_freak - 1 kit PAID
4. Purup - 2 kits PAID
5.  kvothe - 2 kits PAID
6. MatthewF - 1 kit PAID
7. Peskado - 2 kits
8. Kdramsey - 2 kits PAID
9. saxmonster - 1 kit PAID
10. TheJames - 2 kits PAID
11. Tungstengruvsten- 2 kits
12. Spiritworks - 2 kits PAID
13. Adrian - 2 kits PAID
13. Jensenman - 2 kits
14. Rogy - 4 kits PAID
15. JamesW - 1 kit
16. Spino - 1 kit PAID
17. odfull - 2 kits PAID
18. okgb - 1 kit PAID
19. nielsk - 3 kits PAID
20. SKJGProject - 1 kit PAID
21. Upacesky - 1 kit PAID
22. sharpeleven - 2 kits PAID
23. irfrench - 1 kit PAID
24. WineTree - 1 kit

Rubbish photo, but the metalwork arrived today. No news yet on pcbs.

3amet.JPG

Back