my first GSSL

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kante1603

Hello there,

thought I should post this.
Have built it early this year;sounds excellent and is dead-quiet to my ears.

Panel is from Schaeffer,knobs are Mentor,left meter for compression is AL19 presentor,the right ones are jlm audio (as you can see).
Mains switch and that in the middle is from Rafi.Guess what the middle switch does...
It has the crc-board also.
To state very clear if bypassed or not the off-function switches off the lights in the compression meter while a small blue led goes on at the bypass switch where On is written.
Another detail is that the vu meters on the right can be switched from input to output (I love having the unit in a rack some meters away and getting an idea of what is happening even when leaving the console).

Sorry for the not-so-good pics:I am not good at taking them...

I would like to thank all of you here for helping to make builts like this possible,especially Jacob for sharing the schemos,keith aka ssl-tech for the mods,rochey at diyparts for the special parts (CRC and Turbo),joe at jlm audio for vu driverboards and meters (and the always nice conversations we had!) and last but not least chef at audiokitchen for the main pcbs.

Now the pics....

Best regards from germany-and thank you so much again!!!

Udo.

niiiiiiice :) i like the idea of the 3 meters how did you end up pluggin em all up?

ptron said:
niiiiiiice :) i like the idea of the 3 meters how did you end up pluggin em all up?

from his thank you list looks like he is using JLM audio VU meter buffer kit. Easy enough to wire in extra meters using that...  I suspect it's for the output level? maybe input level? maybe switchable?

Very nice.

Do you have plans/schematics for your VU METER L/R ?

I have some parts like LM3914 et LED but i don't know if i need buffer to feed the meter ...

If you have some informations, i take !!

pucho812 said:
ptron said:

from his thank you list looks like he is using JLM audio VU meter buffer kit. Easy enough to wire in extra meters using that...  I suspect it's for the output level? maybe input level? maybe switchable?

thanks for the info ill look into jlm site it looks like he has lot of nice shweet stuff there :)

Very nice build!

I'm in the last few days of putting my first GSSL together. It's been built and fully working in spaghetti mode (not in a case, ha), but it's finally getting racked up. I've got a second one ready for a case and two stereo equalizers also waiting for homes.

What I'm trying to say is that this first one is going to be ugly as heck compared to yours. Great work! Cool idea with the extra meters, too!

pucho812 said:
ptron said:

Hi guys,

thank you all for your nice responses. ;D

pucho-yes,you are right.It is the jlm vu and buffer circuits and is for both in and out levels.
You can find the switch below the right small meter in the first pic.
It is a simple LORLIN 3 in 4 set to two positions,cables are shielded ran from XLRs at the backside with shield connected only there to the pins 1 of course.

Cheers,

Udo.

Gege said:
Very nice.

Do you have plans/schematics for your VU METER L/R ?

I have some parts like LM3914 et LED but i don't know if i need buffer to feed the meter ...

If you have some informations, i take !!

Hi Gege,

simply visit the jlm site and you will find what you need.
Search for vu and buffer there,it is a very easy-to-build pcb with a buffer and the driver on it and will not audibly influence the signals.
It is also so small that you can mount it directly to the back of the vu.

Hope to have helped,

Udo.

Latest posts

Back