My new project-500 series GSSL.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P1030768.jpg

Where is the pipe ? ;D

My dear fellow solderspongebob, really sorry, I DID NOT UNDERSTOOD ANYTHING!!!
What is side-burns, why grow, and what is glueing on felt patches?
:)
It is like I start to speak here on "padonkaff's Albanian" Russian slang,
which is especial for internet etc, BUT not every Russian can understand it :)

Happy to seeya, Keith.
You mean meter used here:

ssl_sm1.jpg

(I love this picture! See what can do 16mm wide angle lens with people :)

SSLtech said:
warpie said:
let's see if ssl will keep using them....

SSL never used them in the console buss compressor...

They used the even MORE expensive version with the larger motor.

Keith

they do use them on the  XLogic G Series Compressor though?
no?  :)

Igor said:
Received, updated.

@solderspongebob: I use Eagle, 4.09 crack was working fine for me some years, but about a year ago I was working with one company and they bought me full professional edition. I hate Eagle autorouter, everything except it IMHO best available today.

What will be best for you, depends what recording software you use.

For Samplitude people like me, it is Eagle.
For Protools people, I guess it is Protel:)

Eagle is good for Linux people as well. But, learning process with Eagle will take
some time, because it is different in catch than other PCB soft and their
documentation is not best. Eagle is not user-friendly, but if you use it some time,
you will never like anything else (as it for me now :)
I always use ULP's and scripts.
Eagle back-annotation is best available today, library edition is easy, and I can change
at every moment say 0805 resistor to regular 1/4W, or change to-92 layout from cbe to ebc
without changing the part, and it reflected both at pcb/schematic.

As I know from people, Eagle cracks after version 4.09 not always work good.

For beginner, I guess Sprint layout, another great Deutch program, it is very cheap
but usefull. It has no schematic editor and good only for small projects.
http://www.abacom-online.de/uk/html/sprint-layout.html
Frank at NRG AFAIK use Sprint.

IMHO, these abacom people are bit strange company.
I bought their front panel designer and found scale tool just best of all.
Just after 2 minutes I found it is absolutely useless, as it can't be converted into engrave-able file in any form! Imagine, you did the world best tool for scale design, and forgot
about somebody will export this scale in vector form!!!!
They were very kind and returned the money.

Well... back to 500mixbuzz. I receive samples of metal work within few days.
Layout is 100% OK, first batch of final version PCB's is ordered.

I agree that FrontDesigner 3.0 is GREAT for making scales, and I export HPGL files all the time.  File/Export/HPGL files.  Works every time for me!
Bruno2000

Hi Igor,

I built my SSL some time ago and have been trying to find the time to design an add on board to allow 4X parallel 2180's. Well you have done this already with also a more elegant board, so when you complete the rack version I will add my name to the list of orders. The only thing left then will be to try to add illumination to the Sifam meter.

With regards to Abacom Front Designer, I have had panels laser etched from the .fpl files which the manufacturer was able to read with his CAD software. I also use Sprint which I also really like a lot. Previously I was using Easy-PC, which although more capable, is also more complicated, (and expensive).

All the best,
aomahana.

@ aomahana: of course :)

Have to try again with FPD...
Can you please write how the scale done with scale-assistant can be converted
into engrave-able hpgl (.plt) file?
IIRC you have to choose engraving tool and export, yes. But somehow it doesn't worked for me.

@janvanvolt : added.

hi igor,

i´m up for a full kit, you can put me on the second patch because i know i need a few more things from you, but since i´m touring i´m not exactly sure what´s on my to-get-this-summer-list...

thanx and cheers  jan

Hi Igor,

My local laser engraver uses Corel Draw, and I saved my original .fpl file as a .HPGL file as described in the Abacom Help Manual.
The resultant .PLT file cannot be opened in Abacom Front Panel.
I downloaded a free app called CADViewer V1. This will let you see that the machine file has translated OK.

I also included an outline of the 2U rack Panel which I sourced from a data sheet for Rack Panels from RS or Farnell.

Corel includes a different set of Fonts than Abacom, so I checked through this with the engraver, as well as the thickness of the lines.

The resultant etch was accurate, and perfectly aligned.

After going through this process once, subsequent designs should be relatively straightforward.

This panel was for a 2U LA-2A, which I should complete in the next few months.
I will post a picture then.

Bye now,
aomahana.

Thanx for the info. Have to play with this.
For now, I got:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg291/diy33609/HPGL_EXPORT.jpg

It means, 945 nodes for a circle!!!! I have to play this converter and check for
export options, othervice, reducing the nodes accurately means loong hours to make
compact g-code (I use dos-based TurboCNC and somehow it does not like long files).

Latest posts

Back