My new project-500 series GSSL.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum!

How do you know Igor has any spots left? Did you ask him?

Hey Igor,

Payment sent for 1 order of the rackmount version, as previously discussed. I posted in your WM thread as well. Thanks for doing this!

Dan

Hey Igor,

Just wondering if you had any issues during your build/testing with the THAT1646 oscillating due to supply bypass caps and pin 3's path to ground.  Apparently very sensitive here.  I've been playing around with the THAT 1646 but haven't put anything on the scope yet.  How did you ground pin 3 of the 1646?

@DanH: I refunded your payment as I still don't have exact price for rack-mount version,
it will be less than MixBuzz500.
Let me know (pm or mail)
if you received same amount as you paid, if no, I will add the fees.

Please don't pay for the items which are not or still not listed!!!

Just wondering if you had any issues during your build/testing with the THAT1646 oscillating due to supply bypass caps and pin 3's path to ground.

No. I use massive ground plane, and never had this issue.

I've been playing around with the THAT 1646 but haven't put anything on the scope yet.  How did you ground pin 3 of the 1646?

2Oz copper, ground plane... separate signal and load paths...seems that's all.

Hey Igor,
          Sorry for leaving you hangin on the Mixbuzz list, money got tight real quick, hopefully I'll get straitened out for the second run.

Chip

Igor,
For a future revision of this project I think you could add a dual mono mode, in addition to oxford and aarhus. Perhaps interesting?
The makeup / threshold area would have to be doubled (need dual pots, another opamp & some resistors) and switched in and out with the mode switch. The 2x6 rotary switches for attack and release could be used for two seperate s/c with some rework.
Dan

Ok than....
Build/support thread will be started within 10 minutes....
/please keep support tread as clear as possible, without stuff like when can I order etc! :)
@ TCM: MixBuzz500 is medium-hard project. Is is WAY simpleR and easier than building
GSSL with additional sidechain, BUT you should have good soldering skills,
like a level 12..15 Hero (at least :)
@babyhead and people who waiting for second batch.
Surprise!!!!
I did a mistake-messed June and July.
Sooooo......
First batch will be shipped arround JuNe 10th (yes, very, very close!!!!!)
Second batch was ordered about 10 days ago....
Metal works (brackets) takes about month, pcb's are ordered as well
and will be ready within 2 weeks...

Here is the picture of aluminium bracket.
Manufactured in Israel, factory has all certificates including mil-specs,
laser cut, great quality:

P1040834.jpg

The mounting hardware (bolts, spacers, studs) will be included as well.
The pictures in MixBuzz500 album are not up-to-date-
mounting hardware included in kits will look neater than on prototype on photos.

Back