pro tools 11

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am FUMMING!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

As you know I'm roadtesting PT11.
By this I mean:
- PT11
- PT11 CPTK that avid forced us to update to PTHD
- PTHD/Native
- PTHDX

the ilok system is so broken that they have to MANUALLY! reset the licenses for you (surrender is not working in some of the above upgrade paths).
To make matters worst, in 3 different instances my iloks and ilok account were BLANK after a reboot.

This is seen in many forums. the DUC.avid is flooded with this kind of stuff

my advice - do NOT attempt any update at this time.

exact reason i haven't upgraded yet.  WAAAY too many issues right now with ilok and everything else. (no aax plugs for most of the stuff i use)

Theres a couple of things I really want to get plugin wise but im not in a position to have any down time right now. :(  Thank god analog gear doesnt need a dongle lol!

right from what I'm seeing, upgrade to 10->11 (which is actually a bundle of 10+11 so you can run "legacy" sessions - RTAS, etc.) is fine
anyone doing CPTK upgrade may experience dificulties

The best thing I did was going to the duc forums and ask help to the moderators. They are aware of the issues, escalated the problem, and I had it fixed in half hour.

well i upgraded. so far the features are really cool and im really enjoying the work flow and speed. but the lack of aax supported plugins has me still using 10, this is an amazing version though. very nice update. and thankfully i didnt have any real issues with the new ilok manager

Latest posts

Back