Riggler's and Tskguy's M49 / M50 bodies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update:

So the timeline for resolving the issues is 8 weeks. The machinist is willing to work with us now, and will be sending us a couple of pieces at a time as things progress. We have better communication going again. We are sending our good prototype to him as an example of what we are after. Eric and I will be providing materials to him to re-do the mesh. Of course there are other details, but I am not going to post all of that here online.

The mediation is well worth it so far.

So far, so good! Again, any questions, please hit up myself or Eric. And thank you all for hanging in there with us!

Good to here guys! Fingers and Toes are all crossed!
I ll say it again, Feel free to put me at the end of the line no rush here if somebody needs them before me no problem! I just want 2 nice ones!

Eric

It's now probably too early to know if another run is going to happen, right?
I mean it seemed kind of certain first but then after all what happened...or do you think it could work out?

riggler said:
Hey guys, new mesh is on its way to the machinist. Looking good.
Hey riggler, I asked ages ago but it's been a bit. Any chance of getting a few sets of mesh stampings or headbaskets? I've got the rest of the body situation taken care of already, I just haven't managed to jig up anything for the grilles as of yet and I'd love to avoid it altogether. I'd need 4 sets, maybe 5 for scratch&dent backup.

Grantlack, let me see what we have when we get through these bodies. He has them stripped down now and is working on headbaskets….

riggler said:
Grantlack, let me see what we have when we get through these bodies. He has them stripped down now and is working on headbaskets….
I'd be much obliged. You're a saint. :)

Okay all,

Been extremely crazy, can't believe it is almost March. 16 inches of snow coming.

Talked to Eric today. Good feedback from the machinist. He will be sending out the correction prototype piece to Eric once it is out of plating. (It's in plating now). Once Eric looks at it and confirms it is good, this is the standard he will work from. I am ordering special setscrews so that the mics will look like the original from the outside.

Will be in touch everyone. If you have a change in shipping address please let me know.

Hi Riggler and Eric. I think you guys are doing a terrific job. I am new to group D.I.Y. and will love to have one of the M49 bodies for the clone m49 project. Any chance that I might not be late to place an order?. Also, I will like to know if there are any plans to make a replica for the historic "y-yoke" mount for this build. Thanks and best wishes.

-Kofi

What an incredible, and incredibly inspiring thread.

I would like to first express my condolences to Riggler and family.

Very sorry to hear of your loved ones passing.

Second, thank you all for the hard work and time building and posting.

If I can save some pennies, I am definitely in for one and hopefully two bodies.

For those looking for the yoke mounts, Peluso makes one that is quite nice and very close to original for $200.00 IIRC.

Thanks again,

John

Hi guys:

1. Yes we will take more orders for the next run. But we are holding off on even talking about more runs until we get the current ones shipped.

2. I am getting custom setscrews made that will look totally original. Test screws were sent to the machinist and they look good.

3. Eagerly waiting on Eric's word on the test body the machinist sent out! I hope to have more news tomorrow.

Thanks all, Damian

Damian,
I am in no hurry, just wanted to check with the folks doing the good work.

Thank you for the good news.

John

3. Eagerly waiting on Eric's word on the test body the machinist sent out! I hope to have more news tomorrow.

Thanks all, Damian

Hey Eric,
Any updates on this one ,
if you have chance Let us know,
Best,
dAN,

Back