Swivel stand-adapter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While a spring looks cooler, I think you could easily glue the plastic Binder sleeve relief onto the Latch Lake mount to use in place of the spring.

Hi gang,

I or Dan will chime back in here after Dan's had a chance to communicate with Latch Lake on this. I would not be surprised if this is a slow boat, with the holidays. But rest assured everyone's interest is noted, and appreciated. We'll move forward as soon as we can and let you all know pricing etc. Thanks for the patience.

Mike

bruce0 said:
I want one if it has a strain relief and will hold the heavy mic without sagging.
I doubt it will have a strain relief unless this is something Dan can negotiate or have them design. However the binder connector (you have to buy separately) will come with a plastic strain relief, as shown here...

Attachments

• MooVox2.jpg
    MooVox2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 91
Phrazemaster said:
bruce0 said:
I want one if it has a strain relief and will hold the heavy mic without sagging.
I doubt it will have a strain relief unless this is something Dan can negotiate or have them design. However the binder connector (you have to buy separately) will come with a plastic strain relief, as shown here...

Sorry, I mis-spoke.

I am fine using the strain relief that comes with the binder connector.  Or buying one somewhere else.  I just want the mount when assembled DIY'd to be a full working swivel mount ( I don't mind if I have to assemble it from various parts and sources), in which case I really want one.

bruce0 said:
Phrazemaster said:
bruce0 said:

Sorry, I mis-spoke.

I am fine using the strain relief that comes with the binder connector.  Or buying one somewhere else.  I just want the mount when assembled DIY'd to be a full working swivel mount ( I don't mind if I have to assemble it from various parts and sources), in which case I really want one.
No worries man! This should be not only a fully working swivel mount, but a robust beast, if my reading of others' posts about it are correct!  :)

If things won't work out with Latch Lake let us know. We could machine those in house of any shape you'd like, and as many as you need. Just let us know the connector we need to work around. Brushed 303 stainless steel would look nice on those, but we could do any material. Media blasted with Ni plating is not a problem. Lead time for prototype is 3-4 days and for production 10-14 days from the order received. Of course, the higher the quantity we make the lower the price.

Best, M

Quick and dirty mock up of general shape. This is done by hand out of aluminum. When done with CNC will look much cleaner and sharper, with beautiful surface finish.

Best, M

Attachments

• SwivelConnector.jpg
    SwivelConnector.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 95
Marik said:
Quick and dirty mock up of general shape. This is done by hand out of aluminum. When done with CNC will look much cleaner and sharper, with beautiful surface finish.

Best, M

That looks promising, I'd say.

With this design and swivels made out of stainless steel (probably the best for structural strength) our prices are:

25pcs  --$89
50pcs  --$79
100pcs--$69
200pcs--$59

It will include upper and lower swivel pieces and handle shown. To make a final production prototype we will need a link to connector.

Those prices do not include shipping.

Best, M

Latest posts

Back