Swivel stand-adapter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've picked up a Peluso shock mount since these seem to be on the back burner.  I've finished my mk7 and need to use it. I'd love to still have at least 1 if it materializes.

I don't really know status on this; I tried to kind of spur it on but I never heard back from Dandeurloo if Latch Lake would make them. I'd like one too at some point.

Dan, you still around? What say you man?

Best,

Mike

What do you guys figure on paying for one of these?  Was the original cast zinc alloy, or brass? I can't see a reproduction being cheap to make.

Dave (shaggy)

shaggy said:
What do you guys figure on paying for one of these?  Was the original cast zinc alloy, or brass? I can't see a reproduction being cheap to make.

Dave (shaggy)

Marik quoted / estimated pricing for various quantities on page3 of this thread. This is significantly more economical that what I invested for a couple LL swivels some time ago (no GB/qty discount) so I am very interested in 7x binder type swivels if this moves forward either way with similar pricing/qty's.

Thx!
-jb

I'll up my commitment to 2, since I've built a u47 in the meantime.  Can we start an enthusiastic chant?

As I mentioned earlier in this thread we can make those. In order to start we will need at least 25 commitments. Anything lower than that will just increase the price considerably. For the pricing please refer to p.3 in this thread.

Also, we have stainless steel XLR connectors barrels (O.D. 0.750") people could use in their projects. The price for those is $45.

Best, M

Thanks Marik,
I must have overlooked the pricing previously, that looks great.  It's probably safe to say that latch lake is not too anxious to do this, so I'd say we have plenty of people here that would like for you to move ahead on this.  Maybe everyone who said they wanted some, depending on price, should edit their comments to show how many they want and let's compile a list to get started.
I'm in for 2.

I’m also in for two. I’m curious about the design of the adaptor for the Binder Series 691-connector. Any ideas about how that will work, Marik?

stelin said:
I’m also in for two. I’m curious about the design of the adaptor for the Binder Series 691-connector. Any ideas about how that will work, Marik?

I will need to buy the connector, but don't see any problem to adapt the design.
The main problem would be retaining spring, as we need to drill a hole for it. For us to know the diameter people will need to give us a part number they'd like to use.

Best, M

still very interested in this for my two MK47s.

marik, do you think it will be similar to the latchlake design with basically a base swivel that will have an original binder connector attached to it or will it be more like a complete design in which you adapt the binder connector?

Here's another alternative that also might work depending on what your needs are (under $20). I needed to open up the hole slightly with a stepper bit (or a file) for it to pressure fit very nicely with the binder connector.

Cheers!
jb

Attachments

• swivel.JPG
    swivel.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 103
Back