mic housing pic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ioaudio

housing%7E0.jpg

13x8cm (5.12x3.15inch) , enough space for tube, transformer...
i wonder which kind of capsule would suit in there, any suggestions?

one of my favorite tube mics is an old klangfilm which has the electronics inside the grill and has the same shape as your mic. i've been told the klangfilm has the same basic circuit inside as the m49. regardless, it's one of the sweetest vocal mics i've ever used.

klang1.jpg

klang2.jpg

[quote author="gang of elk"]
klang1.jpg

klang2.jpg
[/quote]

That's a lovely mic you've got there. What capsule is it? Siemens / Klangfilm were associated with AKG back in those days, IIRC. I saw a Lomo with a similar design to that recently.

That empty mic case is acoustically closed at the back unlike the Klangfilm model. Bare in mind that this will have an effect (obviously) on the polar pattern and also frequency response.

thanks rodabod but it's not my mic.. i just use it alot. :grin:

belongs to a budy of mine. he got it on ebay from michael vladimirsky (www.microphones.ru) in moscow a couple years ago. it's cardioid only. not sure what capsule is in there. wish i had more info on it. one thing that's tricky w this model is the capsule suspension. the original was not much more than 3 very old rubberbands which looked about to break so it's been upgraded w something more substantial that can withstand normal everyday use. apparently it dates to the 30's but no way to be sure.

nice mic!
still wonder which kind of capsule...not a double-sided, for shure. but as my housing has its opening just in the front, i think about using something like the m55k for the cmv 563 (pressure omni).

i´ll try to stuff my housing with this one...
never thought it will be small diaphragm capsule in that kind of body, but i got this (a*kg ck3) for really cheap, so...

normal_kapsel.JPG

now thinking about the circuit...suggestions welcome, as usual...

mic is finished (still some mechanical work and connectors...), schematics close to g7 but with ef12 and different capsule polarisation (60v, cardioid only)
firstmic%7E0.jpg

Latest posts

Back