Can't stop the Malkjos!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have much time for Malkjos... but at least his front panels "look" better these days... I wonder if he's still soldering with a cigarette lighter??

Justin.

I'm still reporting him for key-word spamming, copyright infringement and in general for being a tinky ba***rd.

I feel sorry for anyone paying money for this sort of stuff - the original design may have been fantastic, but it is likely that the build quality will be severely lacking.

346242145878366353.png

but at least his front panels "look" better these days... I wonder if he's still soldering with a cigarette lighter??
I heard he has moved his complete production to China now - less no-smoking areas & such :twisted:

[quote author="Ptownkid"]Chanel A and Chanel B? Are those perfume outputs?[/quote]

I hope so, because the rest of his work really stinks....<groan>.

I understand that English isn't his first language, but there is no excuse for that these days. I failed highschool German but would still know enough not to label my outputs "linkisch" und "rechtfertigung".

[quote author="Ptownkid"]Chanel A and Chanel B? Are those perfume outputs?[/quote]

:razz:

I have to say, that looks shit. Can you see the gap above the power socket? The burred screw heads? Poor spelling (come on....). It looks dangerous!

[quote author="ciminosound"]How do you have 16 positive transactions but your feedback score is only 9??[/quote]

Your feedback "score" may vary because this varies even if someone does not leave any feedback (maybe 7 people did not levae feedback).

[quote author="ciminosound"]How do you have 16 positive transactions but your feedback score is only 9??[/quote]

Your feedback score only reflects the number of other users leaving feedback. So if one user leaves you positive feedback 10 times, it only shows as one in your feedback score. It makes it a little harder to fake feedback counts.

Yes, beware of a big discrepancy between number of transactions and number of feedback comments. Many people are reluctant to leave negative feedback due to fear of retaliatory feedback affecting their own ratings, so dissatisfied customers may leave no feedback at all. Consider it a "silent warning."

[quote author="NewYorkDave"]Yes, beware of a big discrepancy between number of transactions and number of feedback comments. Many people are reluctant to leave negative feedback due to fear of retaliatory feedback affecting their own ratings, so dissatisfied customers may leave no feedback at all. Consider it a "silent warning."[/quote]

That's why it is a good idea to have two ebay accounts: one for selling, one for buying. If a seller gives me a negative rating in revenche, no problem. I can even buy with 50% negative rating, but my selling account stays clean.

To stay on topic: Even my first diy looked better then this one.

I know the gear would be crap - but on it's own merits, I quite like the look of that back panel??!!

Sort of cool in that "junk art" kinda way!! Perfectly inperfect.

[quote author="Jeremy H"]I know the gear would be crap - but on it's own merits, I quite like the look of that back panel??!!

Sort of cool in that "junk art" kinda way!! Perfectly inperfect.[/quote]

One would doubt whether he managed to wire the mains-connector correctly. I'd check before plugging in !
Or even worse, not unlikely one of those XLR-3's is actually the mains-connector.... :twisted:

enough

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170196922609

ME :

Dear vojamite,

Hi,

I would like to know what are the differences between your version and the "real one" ?
Is this a clone ? How are the sound and the behaviour ? (In comparaison with the original version ?)

Is it possible to have pics of the inside ?

Best regards,

Eddie

HIM :

My 1176 is clon of 1167 (original) by Gyraf clon
chek email for inside pics

- vojamite

ME :

I found the Gyraf web site. It looks great...
Did you build it by yourself ?
Do you garantee it's fully working ? (No buzz, no hum...)
By the way, I haven't received the pics.

Thank you,

Eddie

HIM :

Compressor is working fine. If you want send me some audio file and I'll compress it and compare with original for BUZZ or HUM

ME :

Hi,

I'm very surprised you haven't seen the following on the Gyraf-DIY-webpage :

"Please read this first!!

The projects described on these pages are not commercial in any way. This means that we DO NOT sell PCB's, kits, or anything like that. It also means that any for-profit use of the information on these pages is strictly prohibited. I.e., you can NOT sell PCB's, kits (neither partial, nor complete) or finished units of the DIY projects on this site, without the express written consent of Gyraf Audio. These pages are information only - but the best and most complete set of information we have been able to come up with."

Actually, after typing your name in Google, I'm not surprised anymore ! You're "a veritable star" in a lot of audio-pro forums ! What a great reputation you have ! And your soldering skills are astonishing !

Shame on you...

Eddie

THE PIC :

theclown.jpg

eD(((

Latest posts

Back