DI boxes (again, sorry)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony dB

For those of you who made their ownin the past few months, now would you still do it the same way?

I'm looking to build 4 in the vain of BSS's, valve or not isn't so important as it is mainly to use to record stuff that will be send tru valveythings afterwards...

Cheers,

Tony dB

need to say that i didn't pay attention to Bo Hansén DI and that's really a shame :oops:

Will order some parts to build that one to start with.

Tony dB

Buttachunk has had nothing but high praise to say about the Hamptone JFET pre as a DI. I'm giving serious thought to making one, since it doesn't look like it would be expensive.

That hamptone sounds interesting - I looked everywhere and can't fint the article or schematic for it, can anyone send me the info on the hamptone jfet? nil at pressurepenetration dot com

- Michael nil-x
- Pressure : Penetration

You can have all the info you need here:
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=1184&highlight=hamptone
This is one of my favorite projects. Very nice sound.

chrissugar

Unfortunately all the boards are for my projects, but maybe if there is enough interest I will make some.

chrissugar

given the size they are, i could use 25, if pricing is ok even more i guess?

does that seem interesting enough for you?
I'm sure some frinds will jump in right after this too, soo wet your chest :green:

Chrissugar,

if you think it becomes to timeconsuming for you to send out to all our friends who want some, i could do this for you, in that case all you have to do is ship one batch to me and i'll distribute among the grouporderparticipants.

I'm sure we'll get soon to a batch of a 100 or so?

Could you tell us what they would cost?
In case you want to do this of course :roll:

If you don't want to make these, would you mind some of the other pcb-dealers (by lack of another word here :razz: ) to take over your layout (Gerber?) Thank you.

Cheers,

Tony

I have a couple of TRW UTC 0-25 transformers w/shields.
I wonder if these could be used for the HAmptone input.
The following is written on the can:

600------1 connect to 4
(join 2/3 CT)

150------1/2--------------3/4
(open 2/3)

2K--------5----------------8
(join 6/7)

500-----5/6--------------7/8
(open 6/7)

0 MA DC +15DBM
30Hz-20KHz 500V HIPOT TRW UTC

Thanks for any help
Aharon

it looks as if nothing is going to happen with this? :sad:
is there some pcb builder here who like to include this one in their catalog?
If that's ok for Chrissugar that is,

Cheers,

Tony

Sorry Tony, I was away for a week because I had to finish an album and a mastering work.
I think I will make a batch but give me some days to ask the factory for manufacturing time and price.

chrissugar

Back