Sticky the METAs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg

Just a thought... since the META threads are of real interest to many of the people on the forum, is it possible (or even a good idea) to see about getting them put at the top of "The Lab."

I know that a simple search on META can get all of them, but it might be nice to have them "stickied" at the top.

Not sure if this can be done... just a suggestion.

Would it be possible to add them as buttons on the bottom of the screen--or one button at the top of the screen to bring up all the Metas?

As you can tell, I'm really against the proliferation of stickies.

The result would would be too many stickys.

It already looks like there are about 5 of those meta-threads going on. Let's wait a little bit and see how they develop, then we can organize them appropriately.

Or even better... if we keep the title of all meta threads starting with "META....." you can easily pull them all up with the search function. Let's first try to use the features we have, then if the need arises work on creating new ones.

The thought that occurred to me was to have one META sticky that contained links to all the meta threads (assuming this is doable.) This way there'd only be a minimum of clutter added to the board.

Tom

yea too many stickys is annoying.

I just searched META and then saved all the links as favorites/bookmarks.

How about a seperate forum for META's. The meta's themselves could actually stay here, but there could be a Meta forum with the Meta threads only, which would redirect to the appropriate thread within The Lab forum. It'd be like a forum where search on Meta was already done for you.

Does that make any sense?

Cheers,
Kris

I believe it was Will Rogers who said, "I never metaforum I didn't like!"

:green: :green: :green:

I think I kinda like this idea, a special place for meta threads.

any thought from Admin on this? I voted ion the POll for seperation, but really think it needs to be keps as cohesive as poss. Seperate META forum would be nice... :wink:

Latest posts

Back