Cables

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus

saw this link at slashdot. It is a fun read.

http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/blue-jeans-strikes-back

That's just outstanding! I love the tax stuff and the competitors' potential use of collateral estoppel! Hehehehee!

I'm still chuckling over Noel's paying to rename Candlestick Park as Monster Park. Virtually everyone thinks it is the Monster of monster.com, so he spent some 6 mil for doing free advertizing for somebody else.

This made my day---thanks again :grin:

Ha ha ha ha! I LOVE it when bullies accidentally pick on the Shaolin Monk!

This line had me chuckling...

Not only am I unintimidated by litigation; I sometimes rather miss it.

Who would have thought that patent law could be so entertaining!?

Thanks for that, Gus.

A P

The upshot of this is that I now know of the existence of Blue Jeans cable, and -specifically- the Tartan HDMI cables.

Having seen the quality and the price, I am impressed. -Knowing that they are giving "Muenster cable" the one-fingered salute makes me want to purchase that brand EXCLUSIVELY from this point forth.

I have forwarded the link and my recommendation to use Tartan to all of my installer friends.

TO the good people working at Muenster in the legal department, I say: "Nice work".

Keith

Wow... their legal team must be bonused on cases tried and won or something... I bet they didn't expect this...

what suprises me is that it's worth suiing a small company like that... the lawyers time alone costs more than the winnings.

that's an all new level of stupid.

Amar the Böse has attorneys on staff, kept in squalid pens where they have to fight with the rats over bits of ground round tossed through the bars. Or so I was given to understand :razz:

Noel apparently has squadrons of young kids just tickled to jump when he sneezes. I don't know whether attorneys are on staff or not, but with his margins he can certainly afford them.

i didn't like Monster cable just because it's too expensive. Now I certainly would never buy their crap.. not that I would anyway.. :green:

Fantastic!!!! Like everyone here, I solder my own cables using parts from the likes of Klotz and Neutrik. However, not everyone owns a soldering iron, or has any intention of using one. From what I could make out, in keeping with Keith's observation, Blue Jeans cable is reasonably priced, and based on industry-standard, proven components. I think they just made a few friends.

Justin

this is a great quote regarding names of copyrighted material:

"moron in a hurry" test. If a moron in a hurry wouldn't be confused, then there's no violation.

classic!

Latest posts

Back