Postal Service Says to Stop Mailing Checks

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not only the culture, but the law has also changed beyond belief. I do not know how it is in the US, particularly within different states, but you can not do it here as you would be charged with assault. In fact even swearing at a person can be a verbal assault.
Maybe not here in my small town, but yes, modern HS kids would probably resist my scolding maybe even physically. But I am unlikely to catch them in my car which I still leave unlocked in my car port. I have had one pair of sunglasses stolen from my unlocked car, but they weren't valuable.
Where my old business premises used to be, people used to park their cars literally in front of my door, bumped on the pavement early morning and walk to the city centre for their work. We could not get anything in and out of the building for a whole day. I once stuck a sheet of A3 paper on the windscreen saying please do not park here, and got almost done by the police for vandalism.

Where my current office is, we have designated parking spaces with signs and people from one particular office still park in my slot even though they have their own. Of course I go round and tell them to move. In one case it was a girl who snarled at me as if to say what's the problem. No apology, nothing.

It all starts from these little disrespects.
As an optimist I try figure out what the larger plan is, and who is in charge. There seems to be a concerted world wide effort to deteriorate western (family) values, civility, and order. As usual I hope I am wrong.

JR

As an optimist I try figure out what the larger plan is, and who is in charge. There seems to be a concerted world wide effort to deteriorate western (family) values, civility, and order. As usual I hope I am wrong.

JR
I do not think you are wrong. But I would not describe it as Western values particularly.

But there is definitely a steep deterioration in culture. If you are somehow thick, loud, vulgar and speaking with a particular accent you are ok, but if you are the opposite you are an elite enemy. All one has to do is to watch the type of TV programs shoved down our throats.

Last summer I was in Istanbul with my brother-in-law and even he made a point that people, particularly the younger generation were not courteous at all. We both got fed-up coming off the pavement to make way to the people walking straight towards us. In one case there were two young girls walking towards me, literally charging down. I thought, you know what, I am bloody well staying my ground. We approached each other and our shoulders naturally bumped. She turned round and gave me a mouth full of abuse that how much of a bear I was. So, I have to give her way but she does not have to have that courtesy.

I'll stop here. I feel I am turning into my dad.

Last edited:
I have been sharing my personal struggle trying to receive my daily newspaper (delivered by USPS) close to daily. So far this year the USPS is 0 for 2.

For an almost humorous anecdote, I gleaned the name and address of the regional distribution center I blame for mis-sorting my daily papers. I drafted a snail mail letter, addressed to the manager of that sorting facility. Approximately two weeks later that letter was returned to me as undeliverable, and unable to forward. 🤔

I know that regional sorting center is using the new million dollar SOTA mail sorting automation. I have been unable to learn the identity of the company that designed the sorting automation but advised the WSJ customer support to try to contact the sorting machinery designer and ask if they could prepare the papers differently to be compatible with the automation. I blame human hand sorting for my variable results.

JR

I know that regional sorting center is using the new million dollar SOTA mail sorting automation. I have been unable to learn the identity of the company that designed the sorting automation but advised the WSJ customer support to try to contact the sorting machinery designer and ask if they could prepare the papers differently to be compatible with the automation. I blame human hand sorting for my variable results.

JR
I am not sure if it made it to the US but here in the UK the Post Office had invested into a new software called Horizon which was designed by Fujitsu. Then funny things started to happen. Post office branches particularly in remote areas started to have short falls in their accounts and the postmasters were taken to court for stealing which turned out to be false. A lot of post masters were bankrupted, prosecuted and some were even jailed, totally illegally. One even committed suicide. It appears now that the software was an utter piece of junk with full of bugs and Fujitsu was secretly manipulating the accounts remotely. The lawyers representing the the postmasters are now saying that they have sufficient evidence to bring criminal charges to those who were in charge of the post office at the time, all the way up to the former CEO.

If it is of interest please google British Post Office scandal.

Last edited:
I don't think the USPS has fallen prey to that one yet, but there is one very popular current stamp scam. The USPS is about to raise the price of their forever stamps on Jan 21 from $0.66 to $0.68...(I just purchased a $13 book).

That said there is a parade of scammers trying to sell 100 stamp rolls of forever stamps for $27-$29.99 on the WWW. I see at least a dozen scam offers. I changed to a different search engine but that was also full of these scams. It should be pretty obvious that these are a fraud but the search engines are happy to accept paid advertisements for these scams.

arghh... fools and their money, this definitely qualifies as too good to be true... like the treasury selling old dollar bills for half price. :rolleyes:

JR

As a person who refuses to pay digitally I still mail checks. Due to possible fraud I can use it as an excuse.
But this also swings both ways. I know I have mentioned of a stolen tax refund check. Long story short the thieves managed to steal my check between when it was generated at the IRS and to my mail box. Next they did a technique called white washing where they removed the name on the check and put a false name. Then they cashed the check. When my check never arrived, I raised hell with the IRS. Took a full investigation to determine the check was stolen and get me another one.

Last edited:
As a person who refuses to pay digitally I still mail checks. Due to possible fraud I can use it as an excuse.
But this also swings both ways. I know I have mentioned of a stolen tax refund check. Long story short the thieves managed to steal my check between when it was generated at the IRS and at my mail box. Next they did a technique called white washing where they removed the name on the check and put a false name. Then they cashed the check. When my check never arrived, I raised hell with the IRS. Took a full investigation to determine the check was stolen and get me another one.
criminals suck....

JR

I have been sharing my personal struggle trying to receive my daily newspaper (delivered by USPS) close to daily. So far this year the USPS is 0 for 2.

For an almost humorous anecdote, I gleaned the name and address of the regional distribution center I blame for mis-sorting my daily papers. I drafted a snail mail letter, addressed to the manager of that sorting facility. Approximately two weeks later that letter was returned to me as undeliverable, and unable to forward. 🤔

JR
Update.... today I received two newspapers ( Tues and Thurs both late) but no Friday paper. Odd that my Thursday newspaper passed my Wednesday paper en route. That suggests to me that the sorting center does not clear their decks daily and unsorted pieces of mail can sit for days.

JR

Latest posts

Back