Hairball Audio, LLC - DIY Kits and Components. HairballAudio.com

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mike,

just send you an Order about 3 Kits with Power Transformer and 3 VU-Meter.
Hope, you get the Transformer soon  :)

Regards
Wolfgang

Thank you!

It looks like I was able to secure a small batch of power transformers to help hold me over until the large batch arrives.

Looks like I'll be able to get you shipped out in the first week of May (when the VU's and input's arrive).

Thanks!

Mike

Thanks guys!

Output transformers are here.  People waiting on those will have their orders shipped tomorrow and you will get your tracking info tonight.

Inputs should be here by the end of the month.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Guys,

Bunch of updates.

Power Transformers: Back in stock!  Unfortunately I had to raise the price to $20.  Still a great price for this transformer.  The price bump reflects how much my cost was increased this time around.

Attenuator Pricing:  I have lowered the price on the attenuators to $39.95.  Now that Jeff at http://classicapi.com/ has his awesome API 500 series kits and requires the same attenuator, we've been able to order together and get a better price.  We're passing the savings on to you!  Be sure to check out Jeff's site...now!  Anyone with attenuators on order (single or kit) waiting for VU's, will get a $5 refund per attenuator in the next couple days.

Matched FET's:  A pair of matched 2N5457's (Q1 & Q11) are being included with the A/D kit now.  They will be sold separately in the next day as well...probably $2 for a pair (lots of labor involved).

A/D Kit: I looks like between the power transformer price raise, attenuator price drop and addition of the matched FET's...the Kit will remain at the same price.  If you have a kit on back order you will get matched FET's with your kit.

Input Transformers: Still hoping to get the new batch by May 1st.

VU Meters: Still expecting them in the 1st week of May.

Thank you again all....more to come in the weeks ahead...

Mike
Hairball Audio

Hey Mike,
  Just put a order in for a bunch of stuff. Thanks again for your service! I just got my PCB's in for my own design on the 1176 revision F. I will let you know how it goes with the attenuator on the input with the OEP. Thanks,

Brandon

Hi All,

VU meters and input transformers are here!  All backorders will ship by Tuesday.

I'll most likely be raising the price of the pushbutton banks by $1.  Again my price has slowly been raised by the manufacture over the past few months.  These have a small markup to begin with so I need to adjust the price to reflect my cost increase.

Thanks again everyone. 

You guys are awesome.

Mike

looking forward to getting my kit, thanks for doing this.....i intend to build atleast one more 1176, will you have these kits available on a regular basis? or should i get one more now?....actully started too many projects and spent much more $ on parts than i had anticipated

Hey Mike,
    Received the goods today. Looks great!. The meters came out really nice. The button was a nice touch as well.

thanks,
Brandon

Hi Mike, thanks for the meters.  They look great!  I'm having trouble figuring out how to mount them in my purusha case.  What is the correct procedure?  Thanks :)

Mounting is the same as the Sifam.  Basically you slide the bezel into the front of your cutout.  Then you from the back you press the meter into the bezel and insert the metal tabs (thin side into the slot) so the fat end rests against the notch in the meter and the skinny end is at a 90 degree angle from the panel.  Then you secure it to the panel using the screws, slotted side out.  The screw should run at or close to 90 degrees from the meter.

See here:
lightbox.jpg

Hey Mike,

would it be possible to order a quad-matched set of transistors for stereo operation?

Thanks!
Christoph

Back