Uraltone rotary switches, anyone knows the manufacturer?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silvas said:
Finally !

After 1 month and 1 week my rotary switches arrived ! total + shipping from Hong Kong to Colombia via airmail was around 167 USD for 14 units.

They look promising. I mean, for the price, they look and feel nice.

I think i can dissasemble the 2x24 to make a 1x24 and keep the other deck as a "spare", on the ones i need a single deck rotary...

Hello Silvas - there seems to be different switches - ie 2 lots of 2x24 and 2 lots of 4x24. Could you confirm if yours are make before break MBB or break before make BBM?

Just looked at the uraltone site - the 2 pole which was €8 is now €12!! - not cheap!!!!

Silvas said:
Hello Silvas - there seems to be different switches - ie 2 lots of 2x24 and 2 lots of 4x24. Could you confirm if yours are make before break MBB or break before make BBM?

Just looked at the uraltone site - the 2 pole which was €8 is now €12!! - not cheap!!!!

Hello

that prices....i wanted to buy directly from the manufacturer but found no info on it. Then someome pointed me to the ebay thing, who ended working out nice. IIRC these are BBM but i´m away from the switches now so i have to comfirm it later.

Thanks Silvas - there was a look into a groupbuy of 500 pieces about 2/3 years ago but there was some language barrier problem with the company in Taiwan. I had this backed up somewhere - I will have a search for it tonight. I have got the company details somewhere. The target price ended up being €3!! a switch for the 2pole 24 for a quantity of 500! - shipping would be additional.

If there's a language problem we could try to help, my wife is taiwanese  8)
The companies there are usually very friendly and helpful. And I might need some switches too... I also remember the effort for the group buy, but I had a feeling people weren't sure about the quality?

Michael

Michael Tibes said:
The companies there are usually very friendly and helpful. And I might need some switches too... I also remember the effort for the group buy, but I had a feeling people weren't sure about the quality?

Michael

Surely they aren't elmas but for 3 EUR apiece or so...worth a shot IMHO

Andrew (the guy from China i bought 14 of these 2x24's) just sent me an e-mail, saying he lowered the pricing on this switches.

Michael Tibes said:

Michael

I'll search through my backup disks (from my old macbook) for the details of this

Silvas - are you happy with the quality of the switches - anyone else who's got these, please comment ;D

Well, i haven't used the switches yet, i bought them for the PM670, but i wanted my D-AOC and D-LA2A controls to be stepped too,  so...i built 14 stepped controls using these switches. I cannot comment on quality or feel yet, but many people are using the uraltone switches in their PM670's....surely any of them can comment on the switches? anyway, i disassembled one, and switch seems good quality for the price.

You can still find em on ebay... just bought a few a couple weeks ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/4P-24-Step-Rotary-switch-Attenuator-Volume-Control-DIY-/260693714311?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb28e6587

cheers,
dave

Or you could try mailing that guy who sold the 2 Deck version of them, his name is "hamptonpa245" on ebay, maybe he didn't updated his shop items....

Latest posts

Back