DBX 165 Power Transformer Specs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crisotop

Anybody knows the specs for the 165 power transformer? I've got to swap the trafo because of a 115V to 230V relocation. I've got the service manual which shows the final power supply rails with +/-24V Volts. So I guess a 2x 25V secondary transformer would do, but since space at the iec connector is tight I'm wondering how many VA the replacement torroid should be able to handle.

thanks in advance
christoph

crisotop said:
Anybody knows the specs for the 165 power transformer? I've got to swap the trafo because of a 115V to 230V relocation. I've got the service manual which shows the final power supply rails with +/-24V Volts. So I guess a 2x 25V secondary transformer would do, but since space at the iec connector is tight I'm wondering how many VA the replacement torroid should be able to handle.

thanks in advance
christoph
beware that the +/- rails are unregulated, so the transformer is rated at 2x18Vac.
Strange, my schemo shows a dual primary mains xfmr for the 165, which can be series-connected for 230...

I found a schematic of the newer models that have switchable mains. The unit sitting on my kitchen table have a single primary winding and looking at the old schematic (for the older non-A units) I guessed that the secondaries should be around 2x18V. That's why I was asking.

/Anders

Latest posts

Back