Apex 460 mod help

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrtodd

I was hoping someone could help me with a problem.  Being a total hack while attempting to mod my Apex 460 a lot of wires came loose.  It would help me greatly if someone could send me photos of the PCB, tube lugs and transformer connections.  I believe Gus has these photos.  Gus I am here in Los Angeles.  I would sure appreciate any help you might be able to give me.

Todd Homchick

todd I sent you a PM but word to the wise, always a good idea to make notes of such things that way if you run into a problem you can at least get back to where you started before mistakes were made

that PDF is perfect !

Now is that mod actually worth the try, or better getting a Peluso or Mojave microphone?

Also, What is the equivalent of the apex 460 with T-bone?

Manu

manulaudic said:
that PDF is perfect !

Now is that mod actually worth the try, or better getting a Peluso or Mojave microphone?

Also, What is the equivalent of the apex 460 with T-bone?

Manu

My modded Apex 460 is great.  I swapped the capsule, the tube, and the output transformer, and adjusted the polarization voltage in the power supply.

Ok, i'm wondering if i should go for it or then build a MK47 from the kit Ioaudio offers.

Do you have any sound samples?

where did you buy the capsule from? Peluso? and Lundhal transformer or cinemag?

Back