What´s a fair price for Peerless 4722 transformer these days ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just happened to notice one on ebay BIN/best offer at $155.  That seems to be a slight to big drop  from where they've been over last few years.

You see pairs of them sit at overkill prices for months.  I'd watch any that show up as real auction and see where they land.  If the BIN I saw is any indication then they may be going at that rate on real auctions.  Of course "real auctions" can be a rarity - watch for things that look like shills used as hidden reserves/BINs.

Usually cheaper to buy as singles.

The pair is more popular for people looking for stereo set of whatever - preamps, MC step ups, etc.  So people seem to chase a little harder when they show up as a pair.

That matched business is nutty for the most part.  That they wish L & R channels to be equal I can understand but ebay sellers just use it as a copy grabber and maybe some buyers assume the seller has done some real testing.  Of all the pairs of same model iron I have no two have ever had identical inductance or leakage reactance.  No big deal.

People want stereo sets, and they want it from one source, and will always pay extra for it.

Latest posts

Back