Cosmo bar knobs for Pultec, TubeTech etc... frequency selector

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bram9206

Hello,
I'm planning to buy some Cosmo bar knobs for my Pultec DIY build (see picture). They are cheaper when I buy them from the Cosmo manufacturer, but then I have to buy at least 40 pieces. Is there anyone interested in buying some knobs if I would sell them for 5 euros/piece?
I want to buy those 40 knobs, but I just want to know if I can sell the 34 knobs I don't need...
Please let me know.

Attachments

• freqknob.jpg
    freqknob.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 111
So instead, you are planning to buy 40 knobs, sit on them for a while, then post them off in ones and two's. Think about your time. Is it not valuable?
Sometimes its best just to suck it up.

A group buy might be a better approach.

I suspect most will want them to be 5 USD or less. 

10 Euros is high for a not so extravagant knob.

I have a quote with a price of $1.65 per piece for a quantity of 100, part number is 38-7626-010-00-3-10. Searching the site found this thread with the same knob/part number. If you add shipping, taxes(EU), and postage (to each group buyer) it should be under €3 per knob. I only want about 10 though and to have 90 spare would be silly.

But that is when you buy 100 pieces and I don't know if there are that many interested buyers. That's why I was asking and started this thread in the first place. I just want to know if there are interested buyers so I can get rid of my 34 knobs.
Anyone?

Be brave, do a group buy!
You are fortunate that these are small & light enough that a package of several can ship worldwide via Airmail for a few $, so high shipping cost will not kill it.
Put a post on the Free Market thread to see if there is enough interest.
I have run & benefited from several group buys, this is part of what makes the forum a wonderful thing.

I'd buy 4 from you. I'm doing two Poor man's EQP1A's and +40 euro for 4 knobs isnt very poor man :)

MatthisD said:
I have a quote with a price of $1.65 per piece for a quantity of 100, part number is 38-7626-010-00-3-10. Searching the site found this thread with the same knob/part number. If you add shipping, taxes(EU), and postage (to each group buyer) it should be under €3 per knob. I only want about 10 though and to have 90 spare would be silly.

Im in for 10 knobs for that price.

anyone knows where to find those pointers knobs with a reasonable price?
I think 10-12 euros are toooooooo much for one knob.Those knobs are more expensive then 2 edcors and the power transformer for one Pultec eq.

http://www.nrgrecording.de/assets/images/pultec5.jpg

spase said:
Im in for 10 knobs for that price.

I happened to have the quote for 100 pieces when this thread was started and I thought it might be useful to Bram9206 or anyone else interested for themselves. I won't be placing an order myself for a while so if you need them soon you might want to arrange something else.
Matt

spase said:
anyone knows where to find those pointers knobs with a reasonable price?
I think 10-12 euros are toooooooo much for one knob.Those knobs are more expensive then 2 edcors and the power transformer for one Pultec eq.

http://www.nrgrecording.de/assets/images/pultec5.jpg

The boost attenuator knobs can be found at www.conrad.com for a reasonable price, i think they had the chickenheads aswell. Only freq selectors that's missing in the cheapish bunch :)

Talking about these?

http://www.conrad.com/Instrument-button.htm?websale7=conrad-int&pi=183671&ci=SHOP_AREA_17427_0200320&ireusocl=1

Back