NEED RESEARCH HELP FOR AN EXPERIMENT! (got stuck)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is at the very least an entertaining thread. It has all the unresolved conflict that make for a thrilling interchange..... If it were the 1950s, it could easily be the setup for one of those dark lit 'film noir' conflict movies..đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
I rarely post... but I lurk EVERY day for years... just had to pop in to say, this has become 'one of those' threads.

What Kingkorg explained and something that is really well known is that Peluso, assembles capsules in the US using individual cheap parts for the capsules outsourced from China.

Of course that alone is not a statement saying the mics will not sound good,
I have many 100€ Chinese mics that sound Great and use them professionally all the time,
but Peluso mics don't cost 100€...

I myself never debated that point. But that's not what was claimed prior to moving the goalposts- What was claimed is that "all Peluso mics use the same 32mm K67 capsule assemblies OEMd in China, and the circuits are not perfect clones"

I've got 3 mics around the shop right now (1 of which is mine) that have Peluso capsules in them and all 3 are clearly different capsules that I know for a fact were assembled in the US by Peluso and oddly, none of them are 32mm capsules and none of them have K67 hole patterns.

You said yourself you can't tell the diference between k47 and k67 backplate pattern. I know exactly where he sources them and i posted an image of a mic i repaired myself. In addition the mic i received uses 1Gig grid resistor which again points to the fact he's using wrong parts.
I said nothing of the sort- in fact I said the opposite, the hole pattern on the K47 style capsules is _clearly_ not a K67 style pattern. And once again- he's only using "the wrong parts" as you say if the goal is to clone the exact circuit- and again, that's not a claim that's ever been made by Peluso. Quite the opposite.

I have no particularly strong bias- I own one single Peluso mic, and I've used capsules from many manufacturers in my own mics, and as client replacements or upgrades- I use the part that's best for the job in front of me. I have an issue when misinformation is spread. With the goalposts moving so far as they have it's hard to keep track but your original claim (they're all 32mm capsules, all complete assemblies from china, and all the same K67 style) is complete misinformation. I'm well aware of where the backplates are sourced and said as much right up front.

Latest posts

Back