Information on a SSL Compressor Clone

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McAulayK

Hi guys, I'm new here but I plan on building a SSL buss clone pretty soon. I was looking into a GSSL or Serpent Audio, however while browsing around the internet I found http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/msg/3186211357.html. Does anyone know what kit this is? Is it well build? Is it worth the money? I haven't been able to research the average cost for a GSSL or Serpent Audio after all is said and done so I don't know if that link is a good deal. Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Kyle McAulay

But how would one go about that..

I studied the SSL schematic extensively when building the first one, with turbo and such,
(and studying electronics 101 aka, what's this thinggy for...)

I'm starting to build the second one soon I hope, but i was thinking making it "ultimate" (a very, very loose term :p) and was wondering what could improved.
I read the Modifications to GSSL thread, but most of the links are dead and teh rest of the thread says: build a turbo, a crc filter and such, which i all already did,but as far as my brain let me, the inout/output things could be changed, like different receivers/drivers (terms i randomly read, I did do a lot of reading) and adding quad-vca's or dbx-es. But no clue what or how to implement.

next thing is replacing the opamps, but is there another option than to use IC's? which would not screw any 'character'?

just some random beginner's questions that came to mind reading this... and if it's al been covered before ( i did search) just a link would do :)

Regards,

Mark

Latest posts

Back