Unmarked Microphone bodies and parts (SYT-5, CU-49, HT-11A, GT-2B, and U47)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE:

Just received picture confirmation of CORRECT 3 layer mesh configuration for gen2 SYT-5 microphone!  The latest completion estimate for my production run is May 10 for these.

I've been sitting on a half-complete D-87 for a month in anticipation of these

UPDATE:  ship date for Alctron order will be May 7 via ocean freight.

Also, we have run into a snag with the Alctron order.  The wooden boxes that were produced are not up to Q/C standards so they will have to be re-made.  This will take an additional 25 days.  I am having the rest of the parts shipped separately.  I may be able to combine the ocean freight for the wooden boxes with the SYT-5 microphones.  Obviously this means wooden boxes will not be available for at least another month, but I will be able to ship microphones immediately.

I am also told the new boxes will be coming from a different source factory and will be $2 more per unit which I think is a bit sketchy, but these are the frustrations dealing with Chinese factories.  At least they had the sense to withhold the faulty units instead of just send them out.

Hi, I am looking for 2 of the GT-2B complete microphone kits and rumor goes, there is a shipload full of Alctron coming in ...
Where do I have to put an order, or maybe show my severe interest in buying them ?

I´ve been looking on the studio 939 site as well as in the white market thread, but I seem to be blind - shame on me.
So somebody help me please.

Also interested in 2 of the HT-11A type 2 kits.
Thanks for assistance.

Hello,

Thanks for your interest.  I do not generally post anything for sale until I have product in hand, so you have your eyes in the right places.  I just have not updated the new items to the webstore yet.  Also, I am not taking pre-orders at this time.  I am confident, however, that I have ordered enough of everything to last quite a few months unless something drastic happens beyond the normal surge of orders when donor microphones come in stock.

I will not be carrying the "complete GT-2B" kits anymore.  The new kits are body and shock mount only to reduce cost for DIY.  Power supplies will be available as a separate item.

UPDATE:  A few minor details about the Alctron order from photos sent from the factory.

- HT-11A base caps in this round are not polished nickel plate like last time.  They are bead blasted nickel plate finish.  The headbaskets are still all polished finish.  This is not how I ordered them, but I feel it is a minor detail and the mics still look good this way.

- We have updated (larger) HT-11A shock mounts this time with dual cam-type locking tabs instead of the previous pinch-type mounts.

- internal transformer "bell housings" were not included with the mic bodies.  I know a few people preferred this method of transformer mounting, but I was on a mission to reduce cost.  If enough demand for these comes up, I may order a few.

- it appears wood boxes for the GT-2B type microphones are ok and will be shipping.  It is HT-11A wood boxes that were defective.

- the microphone bodies come with the standard 32mm capsule mount saddles, but no capsules are included.  We do carry 34mm and 35mm capsule mounts for folks who need these, but often, the capsule saddles can be supplied by your capsule vendor of choice at the time of purchase.

Hi Chunger,

I have an HT11a I ordered from you some time ago.... thanks for providing these! I would also like to get a box for it and was wondering if boxes for HT11a's will be available separately once you get them?

Splunge said:
Hi Chunger,

I have an HT11a I ordered from you some time ago.... thanks for providing these! I would also like to get a box for it and was wondering if boxes for HT11a's will be available separately once you get them?

Yes,

the boxes will be available as a separate item when they arrive.

Another update:

Apparently, the HT-11A Type 3 headbaskets that I am receiving with this round of orders is ~9mm taller than the last ones which sortof makes the microphone look a bit odd.  This is disconcerting because I was so hoping to push the ELA M251 style clones and I did like the short headbaskets very much in that application.  I will discuss this with the factory and ask why they changed their tooling.  The joys of working with Chinese factories!  Functionally, I don't see much of a difference here.

So, it looks like we may have a Type 4 headbasket available now by accident unless they are willing to take all of these back and use them for another customer order and either correct the tooling or re-make the correct tooling.  All of this messes with the final pricing, so I am glad I did not nail things down in stone yet until I have product in my hands.

One headbasket goes correct, and another one goes wrong  :eek: !!  I may consolidate all of my headbasket manufacturing to the new factory as I have much tighter controls on the ground there than at Alctron.

chunger said:
Another update:

Apparently, the HT-11A Type 3 headbaskets that I am receiving with this round of orders is ~9mm taller than the last ones which sortof makes the microphone look a bit odd.  This is disconcerting because I was so hoping to push the ELA M251 style clones and I did like the short headbaskets very much in that application.  I will discuss this with the factory and ask why they changed their tooling.  The joys of working with Chinese factories!  Functionally, I don't see much of a difference here.

So, it looks like we may have a Type 4 headbasket available now by accident unless they are willing to take all of these back and use them for another customer order and either correct the tooling or re-make the correct tooling.  All of this messes with the final pricing, so I am glad I did not nail things down in stone yet until I have product in my hands.

One headbasket goes correct, and another one goes wrong  :eek: !!  I may consolidate all of my headbasket manufacturing to the new factory as I have much tighter controls on the ground there than at Alctron.

Dang, I was looking forward the type 3 for my ELAM251 :(

We'll see what becomes of it.  They may be able to modify the tooling or take back the taller headbaskets and sell to another customer.  For now, I have about 60 more Type III headbaskets still in stock so just order that type.  I can also have new tooling made, but if I were to do that, I think it would be better to make a new body that has the same outside diameter as the original ELA M251 and provision for an onboard pattern switch.

Awesome! I will want 2 c12 complete kits!!. Another thing I wanted to know is if the c12 mics are safe from 48v phantom power?... if No, what could be done to rectify that. I get absent minded sometimes and wouldn't want to risk destroying the mics!

Latest posts

Back