vtl5c1 Subs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gyraf said:
Making them is legit, so is using them as spare parts for existing (already-sold-to-end-user) products. And export too.

So you can make them in EU

You can use in EU as spare parts in already sold units

You can export them

You can probably also sell them in EU

The only thing is that manufacturers of equipment are prohibited of using them in their commercial circuits?

Whoops said:
The only thing is that manufacturers of equipment are prohibited of using them in their commercial circuits?

Only if they then sell them in the EU. As far as I know they can  legally export them outside the EU.

Basically we can sell you our sh.t but you can't sell your sh.t here.

Cheers

ian

EU legislation?  Hmmmmm. So far from what I have experienced is as follows. we use the vtl5c1 as an opto cell in our compressor designs. The units are sold all over. We have yet to run into any problems with the EU other then France. For some reason France has taken it up a notch. Now this could be that we are grandfathered in as an existing design on the market but I am not sure. I have yet to get a straight answer from anyone who  may know. Sounds like typical government legislation.

pucho812 said:
EU legislation?  Hmmmmm. So far from what I have experienced is as follows. we you the vtl5c1 as an opto cell in our compressor designs. The units are sold all over. We have yet to run into any problems with the EU other then France. For some reason France has taken it up a notch. Now this could be that we are grandfathered in as an existing design on the market but I am not sure. I have yet to get a straight answer from anyone who  may know. Sounds like typical government legislation.

Generally, the way the legislation works is you can do what you like until someone complains. There is no automatic checking that your product meets the declared standards. For example, nobody will check your product meets EMC requirements unless someone complains it interferes. Similarly nobody will check your design for prohibited substances unless someone (like the French) decides to complain. When you add a CE mark to your product you are declaring it meets the ROHS directive. If you attach the CE mark knowing your product does not meet the ROHS directive you have committed an offence and could be prosecuted, fined and even sent to gaol.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Generally, the way the legislation works is you can do what you like until someone complains. There is no automatic checking that your product meets the declared standards. For example, nobody will check your product meets EMC requirements unless someone complains it interferes. Similarly nobody will check your design for prohibited substances unless someone (like the French) decides to complain. When you add a CE mark to your product you are declaring it meets the ROHS directive. If you attach the CE mark knowing your product does not meet the ROHS directive you have committed an offence and could be prosecuted, fined and even sent to gaol.

Cheers

Ian

Been there and it is mucho $$

Latest posts

Back