Tab v76 Lamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knotty

Just got a new v76 to finish my pair! But, sadly the light bulb is out.  :( I know these things are pretty rare to find. So, I'm curious if there is a source that anyone knows about for a few of these. I would prefer not to wire in an LED.

The original is an F9 6 Volt 0,18 Amp , no were to be found , just replace the bulb in the fitting....

Unfortunately with older gear, sometimes the original part is just not available.
I would presume this unit has a jewel bezel on the front. So by correct choice of a led, it can look exactly the same from the outside,
and has the added advantage that it will last a very long time. Of course, if you think that the type of pilot lamp is going to affect the sound quality, then you have a problem.

Keeping the classics original is not only about the sound.

If nothing else works, find a small bulb of approx. the right specs and size, and solder it into the socket you already have on the burnt-out bulb (after removing old glass part).

Been there, tried that.

Jakob E.

Yeah I was considering soldering a new bulb into the old fitting. I mostly don't want to put an LED in it cause it's such a classic. It would feel like putting a new ford headlights on a classic mustang. I would rather just drive it in the day then have it swapped haha I'll grab some picks here in a bit. It's a royal pain to get to the bulb haha But gotta get it anyways and why not have some good reference picture. Thanks! for all the suggestions!! and the freaking Part number. Thats just nice to know haha

Heres something to think about. If the original designer of this unit had been able to put a led in it, do you think he would have?
As to soldering a bulb in, thats just a really bad idea, because you will have to replace it again at some time. Those fittings are still available, just not quite the same, used on Fender amps and the like. If you must have a bulb, replace the fitting with one you can screw an available bulb into. Dont forget, whatever you do, you cannot buy the original bulb. So you are modifying the unit.
Also dont forget, the EEC wonks are forcing manufacturers to stop making incandescent lamps, so they will get harder to find.

Many years ago back when I had V72s I found a replacement for these bulbs. But honestly I don´t remember anything about it anymore. I need to dig in some old dusty cardboxes, maybe I can find some of them.

Ok, I found those lamps, but they were for my V72a which are different... too bad.
If you post a picture of the socket we may be able to find something...

Back