info on unknown transistor connector

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whoops

GDIY Supporter
Hi,
need to find a replacement for a broken connector,
it's used in a Pioneer hifi amplifier as a power transistor socket.

Does anyone know any info on this?
brand or connector name?

thank you

gvNLDBA.jpg

HYNzd7j.jpg

TO220 transistor legs are 0.1" centers.

Just like DIPs.

Get a DIP-8 socket with the flat (not round) contacts. Bust off one side to make 4 holes. Cut off one hole. Stuff it.

Hi PRR,
I need the height this socket has.

The way the transistors are mounted on this amplifier is really strange. Also the package is TO-247
I have tried a DIP socket already, but I need 3 times the Height of a DIP socket.

Thank you so much PRR

gyraf said:
Just extend pins on DIP-socket?

At least for a TO220-housing, you can also use a standard 3-pin molex connector on wires.

Jakob E.

Not that easy.
The transistors are not socketed independently.

Theres 4 Power output transistors,
the 4 are screwed to a big aluminium Bar, that runs from one side to the other of the chassis.

When installed the 4 transistors have to be socketed installed at the same time, each to it's own socket.

I might just solder wires to the problematic one, but if I could find any info on the original socket that would be great.

I'm sure someone know what this socket/connector is,
and Im also sure that there are thousands in a workshop or warehouse somewhere on the planet

PRR said:
Wire-Wrap DIP sockets have long pins.

Thanks PRR, going to search in my local supplier for those, I dont have them in my workshop.

I will have to create something so that the pins of the DIP dont bend when the  4 transistors are inserted

The 4 transistor are screwed to the underneath of this big heatsink, and they are inserted at the same time and height on the transistor connectors:

5521b00494c92b0011e473f6.jpg

Back