Power cord for GEM Model P (italien) Organ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock soderstrom

Tour de France
Hi folks,

I am looking for a power cord for a Galanti made GEM Model P portable organ. This model is very similiar to a Vox Jaguar but the power cord is different, AFAIK. Where can I get one, whats the name of this cable?

I want to keep this organ original. Click photo for animation. Cheers

Attachments

• 20200113_203219.gif
    20200113_203219.gif
    367.8 KB · Views: 21
It looks like it could be the same type of connector that you find on older HP400's and older Dolby 361 frames. I don't know the name for it though. I see them on the bay. I may have an extra laying around if you can't find one. Can you measure the pin spacing and diameter? I could check it against what I have.

Thanks for your response, Paul. The power connector on the Dolby device seems smaller.

I will upload the dimensions in a bit.

Attachments

• 0157358.jpg
    0157358.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 7
Looks similar to those of an old electric iron:
https://www.chinahao.com/product/558568760312/

If the diameter of the metal bolts is 4mm you can use banana sockets to create your own jack (with the help of a 3D-printer).

analogguru said:
Looks similar to those of an old electric iron:
https://www.chinahao.com/product/558568760312/

If the diameter of the metal bolts is 4mm you can use banana sockets to create your own jack (with the help of a 3D-printer).

I guess the old electric iron plug is to fat. I got one, somewhere. I will check it.

Yes 4mm, banana sockets plus 3d printer is a good idea and plan B. Thanks.

rock soderstrom said:
sketch power connector

I have a spare power cord of an old Frying Pan I will check to see the measurements and let you know, it seems similar to that connector.

You could probably modify one of these power cords by filling the edges

Kr2L7RF.png

Latest posts

Back