Does anyone know this old GDR tube microphone? Manufacturer? Model? Schematic?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock soderstrom

Tour de France
Hi guys, I ask the entire Groupdiy intelligence, who knows this mic?
Who made it, what is the model name, when was it built?

Does anyone have a schematic of it?

Originally it is equipped with an ECC81/12AT7, on the body shell it says "VEB Dresden", and "Film Dresden".

Any useful information will be gladly appreciated, thank you very much for your feedback!

Cheers!

old_GDR_mic.jpgold_GDR_mic2.jpgold_GDR_mic3.jpgold_GDR_mic4.jpgold_GDR_mic5.jpgold_GDR_mic6.jpgold_GDR_mic7.jpgold_GDR_mic8.jpgold_GDR_mic9.jpgold_GDR_mic10.jpg

Did you buy it? I saw the ad.
No, but a fellow forum member from Berlin bought it. I'm helping him fix a few problems.
Could be "Machatsch
Yes, that's a good tip👍, it was the closest I could find in my research! But I am not 100% sure, I have no proof.
At least the color and the origin is the same. But the color was used alot in the east...
Yep, this "Hammerschlag" look was used often. It also looks good and is really durable.
Can you detach the capsule? Maybe there is an engraving inside.
I am still amazed at how many small microphone manufacturers there were in the GDR after the war. Many, including this one, are compatible with the Neumann and Gefell bottles capsules using the Neumann adapter shown.

Thanks for you info!

Latest posts

Back