Switch ID

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr1200

Anyone recognize the switches (phantom/mic). They look similar to the f2uee switches we commonly on projects here but are shorter.  Need a direct replacement for this old fella.

Attachments

• DDC9FB3B-F128-4EA3-98D8-D393601C12DE.jpeg
    DDC9FB3B-F128-4EA3-98D8-D393601C12DE.jpeg
    280.9 KB · Views: 57
Are you sure you have to replace those switches? It looks like they are just missing their locking pins - maybe you could just transplant those?

The mic/line switch works and i can see the pin in that one. The phantom switch isnt latching.  Do i just need to fit a piece of a resistor lead or something in there?  Id love to NOT have to tear these out.

we delt with similar issues on the  Neve vr consoles. The switches over time stop latching.  The part you are looking for, the latching part is officially known as a switch cam.  on the vr desks, the switch cams would break as they were plastic and the heat over time caused them to get brittle.  In  your case, it looks like the cam is missing. Is this a Joe meek piece by chance?

Could this one from audiomaintence replace those?

AL-03-002 - 2 Pole Changeover Switch (PCB Mount) - Latching Miniature
Alps Push Button Switch.

http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/Push_Switches_-_PCB_Mount_.html

Indeed a meek lol. The “darkest” preamp i own. Works great w chinese hype capsule mics.  So as it turns out the pin and the switch were just fine.  The switch button which is made out of some kind of rubber like material has started to break down and swelled. This cause the button to get caught on the chassis and miss the release by less than a millimeter. I scraped a little bit of paint off the inside of the switch button hole and sanded the button a touch and it seems to be working as intended.  Im kind of interested in the “photo cell” thats  in this thing. If thats what it even is.  Just a small black box.

Latest posts

Back