Are Audio Taper CW/CCW the same as LOG/RLOG?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I was looking for reverse log taper potentiometers and couldn't find them with Newark's search function so I asked the "helpful" live chat "tech". They cave me info on a Bourns pot with "Audio CW and Audio CCW" options. Are these LOG/RLOG tapers?

By the way, I hate chat functions. The little screens are way too small to read without a magnifying glass and I type too slow.

Thanks

But note that some manufacturers (like Alps) have more than one "audio taper"...

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Basically close enough. Audio taper isn't true log. Log never goes to zero for a start!

They'll both (reverse log and reverse audio taper) work fine when it comes to preventing all the control from squishing up at one end of the rotation.

Keith

Thomas, what value do you need?
API your working on by any chance?
I noticed the other day that John Hardy sells a 1 K rev log for 19.99 if anybody needs one.

cj

CJ

I have none and just want a couple to do breadboarding with. Nothing important or urgent.

Steve Daniels is carrying a few reverse audio taper pots... here is a 1k that could be used in a mic pre:

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=462

Not the highest quality line but the price is right!

regards, Jack

Latest posts

Back