1073 Line Input Transformer - what does this symbol mean?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wells2p

Can someone tell me what the symbol circled in red means? Is it just a connection to B- or Earth OR does it mean its only connection when line input is engaged?

thank You

Attachments

• 1073 Line Input transformer question - what does this symbol mean.jpg
    1073 Line Input transformer question - what does this symbol mean.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 0
It looks like a poor print of the drawing. I think that is meant to be a circle and it represents the other end of the screen of the cable connected to pins 9,10 on the transformer.

Cheers

Ian

It looks like a poor print of the drawing. I think that is meant to be a circle and it represents the other end of the screen of the cable connected to pins 9,10 on the transformer.

Cheers

Ian
Thanks ian my worry was the mic signal back feeding into the line input tx secondary and this affecting it somehow but i guess that isn’t an issue

.paul

Thanks ian my worry was the mic signal back feeding into the line input tx secondary and this affecting it somehow but i guess that isn’t an issue

.paul
If you look at the full schematic you will see that the top end of R1 is connected to zero volts (B- in Neve speak) so the screen is connected to 0V as I would expect.

Cheers

Ian

If you look at the full schematic you will see that the top end of R1 is connected to zero volts (B- in Neve speak) so the screen is connected to 0V as I would expect.

Cheers

Ian
Ah yes I see now that the only connection between the mic signal and the line input transformer secondary is B- so not a concern. Still learning :)
Again thank you Sir.

Kind Regards

Paul

Cheers

Ian
by the way also if interest is (according to my benchtop power supply) it is only drawing 60ma of dc current. this is with EQ lifted although the EQ amps are still on and functioning. EQ will be hooked up in a few days so not sure if that will increase current draw but in any case it's my understanding it should pull more like 100-120 ma. Could this be due to BC184C's gotten off Ebay that might have lower HFE than original equipment?

Latest posts

Back