1176 switchbank to rotary

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundguy

has anyone ever replaced the ratio switchbank on an old 1176 with a rotary? Im making up a new front panel and am hoping to use rotary switches instead of the switchbanks, my brain is starting to leak out my ear figuring this out...

dave

I think those switches Rob Flinn suggested could work:
RS part no 333-798 for a 4 switch mount and 333-625 for the latching bar (which is supplied in 10 switch lengths).
Thinking of modifying my boards to accomodate these instead of the superficial (non-interlocked) job I did on my clone:
1176_clone_small.jpg

Maybe just some heatshrink would help the buttons fit (.2mm difference).

I think I got it figured out... switch wiring always makes my brain hurt... Looking at Jakob's switch really helped if anyone ever has to cross this bridge.

dave

damn mnats, your box looks really good. i am going for something like this. i've got a couple of leads on the switches...could be pricey though. i've got a nice meter from an MCI tape machine for free so that might justify and offset the expense.

how did you cut your switch and meter holes, and how did you do your legend?

i know it's the same old boring questions... :roll:

how did you cut your switch and meter holes, and how did you do your legend?

i know it's the same old boring questions... :roll:
But hopefully not the same boring answer!

Taped up the front of the panel and marked the dimensions from the back with a 'Sharpie'.

Then used a $10 Chinese-made power angle grinder and thin made in Netherlands metal-cutting discs of various states of wear (smaller diameter for shorter cuts). I mention this because all metal cutting discs are not created equal. The brand is scraped off all my discs but they still say Made in Holland on them. The really cheap ones just disintegrate. Finished the cuts with one of those cheap hacksaws where the blade just sticks out of a small handle (don't have to thread the blade through and tighten it up to a frame this way). Cleaned it up with a flat bastard file - cheap Nicholson with the red handle.

Latest posts

Back