3D "AIR" EQ - "Night EQ" PCB's Complete!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I kind of assumed from what Peter had said that 470K would be OK. Apologies for that.

That's no joy from Omeg then for 500K pots.

Cheers

Nick

[quote author="barclaycon"]Hi Kevin,
Had a look on your site for the corrected schematic but couldn't find it.[/quote]

[quote author="khstudio"]I'm working on my web site & will have all the info posted there in the near future.[/quote]

I bought 6 log pots (500k) & put them onto the PCB. However, all the change is in the last 10% (clockwise) of the travel, so it makes it difficult to evaluate the sound.

I have ordered some rev log pots from Smallbear, once I've put them in I'll update this thread.

Peter

[quote author="peterc"]I bought 6 log pots (500k) & put them onto the PCB. However, all the change is in the last 10% (clockwise) of the travel, so it makes it difficult to evaluate the sound.

I have ordered some rev log pots from Smallbear, once I've put them in I'll update this thread.

Peter[/quote]

Yea, I think most of the usable action happens between about 20k & 80-100k.
(except for the "AIR" control... Probably 0 to 40k.

Peter, did you try hooking them up & using them Backwards? I know it's still not right but I think it helps a little.
Using a regular LOG really limits the usable range when hooked up forward.

I want to proto an air band version while we wait for complete version boards, but I have searched the entire thread and it seems any schematics are no longer accessable. Is there somewhere the current version and a parts list are posted?

Thanks!

Hi all

FINALLY!

NightEQ.jpg

My pots arrived from Smallbear on Friday & I put them onto the PCB & did some listening this weekend. I'm not given to over-blown descriptions, but this is a VERY nice EQ! The frequencies are great, lots of cut & boost & the air-band is very sweet at 20kHz & 40 kHz.

I will try & post some samples, but this is a keeper for me.

Can all those who want to buy PCB's please let me know, I'll post a thread on the Black Market.

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=260973&sid=a5b8a8dd5a990b96dfca5a4debd59424#260973

Peter

I thought you gave up man :razz:

This is KILLER! :thumb:

Thank you Peter,
I was really hoping all my hard work could be shared & take off like this.
I would like 4 boards for myself.

So, you liked it?... cool. It's a very nice EQ & not a hard build. Great for the master & sub busses too.

I didnt do an overload LED as I didnt have that part of the cct & it is pretty easy to hear the overload in this cct.

Everything is the same as Kevin's last diagram, I have added some extra PSU decoupling but no change to the audio circuit.

Peter

Great work !!!

Is there any parts list floating around yet?

Also the measures for between the pots would be great for the front panel layout.

NOTE: I will be doing a batch of cases for the full 3DEQ stereo version ASAP. It will be designed for 1U cases, I guess there should be enough space for this.

HERE is the thread if you are interested in the case or two for this project.

Oom,

Well you lied... you have been doing more than washing dishes!!! Well done! It looks great. Looks like those posts are PCB mount, didn't know they were and option from Small Bear.

Looking forward to making a pair, one can't have enough EQ's right ;-)

Cheers

Matt

Matt

The pots are not PCB pots, I added wires into the holes to make them into "PCB mounted" pots. You know how much I hate flying leads to offboard components....

Omeg pots anyone?

Peter

Latest posts

Back