3D printed bodies for Primo EM23/21

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant the links to individual stl files.
Anyway it's purely hypothetical since a suitable metal printer would cost between $ 100 000 to 1M.
Yeah, dunno - I don't know anything about 3D printing . . .

A really handy way to do a great omni mic with the still-available EM21, is to scrounge up a used Crown CM-700, and replace it's EM23 capsule with the EM21 (by unscrewing the cosmetic ring on the front of the mic, then the EM23).

Last edited:
Anyway it's purely hypothetical since a suitable metal printer would cost between $ 100 000 to 1M.
I think there are services that can print for you. I haven't looked into specifics yet regarding pricing, process, and material yet, but Im hoping this can be done at a reasonable cost

"This body can be made with 3D Metal Printing or better CNC since threads have 0.5mm pitch."

I think CNC would be the way. I doubt any home 3D printer would handle this, yes? Prove me wrong.

M

Did I mention a "home 3D printer". I don't know anybody that has a $100 000 at home.
Only industrial printers can deal with metal printing with the needed accuracy.
“Did I mention a "home 3D printer". I don't know anybody that has a $100 000 at home.”

No you didn’t - but that’s all I have. A home 3D printer. I don’t know anybody either, who would have that ($100 000) at home.

This is a DIY site afterall, glad to see @k brown posted this here, anyway.

M

“Did I mention a "home 3D printer". I don't know anybody that has a $100 000 at home.”

No you didn’t - but that’s all I have. A home 3D printer. I don’t know anybody either, who would have that ($100 000) at home.

This is a DIY site afterall, glad to see @k brown posted this here, anyway.

M
And that's all I have too. Of course it's nice to post the link, but by looking at it, someone may think it's feasible with a domestic printer, since Thingiverse is most often aimed at DIY.

JLCPCB will do it. A quick upload gave a quote of $42 combined for the 3 parts in stainless steel. Not sure about the threading though, their website says:

"The minimum recommended thread for printing is M6. Tapping is recommended for 316L metal printed parts"

Back