525 build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got something on my peter.

Greg, don't drink the water.
Pipes are corroded from salt water, leakin like a sieve.
Both ways.
Flush twice and pray.
:green:

Yea, they had a blurb in the WSJ today about it. Does drinking the water while taking a shower count? Gotta get hydrated in the morning, ya know. Drink too much at night. :guinness:

Our pipes have been leaking for years. Decades, in fact.

But really, Entergy (natural gas and electricity company here) is replacing all the underground gas lines in my neighborhood with higher pressure lines to prevent back flow in case of another flood. Apparently water got into the gas lines from the storm. Oops.

This is really of topic... sorry, Peter. Maybe we should ramble on in The Brewery.

[quote author="CJ"]yummm...linburger!
but i took me foreskin off[/quote]

I see where you're going wrong.
It is called 'organzola' Christopher and is found 'under' the foreskin.. :green:

[quote author="kazper"]Hey Peter how long ago did you do the Eq's?

Was that a kit like the 525?[/quote]

Feels like I made em when God was a boy and was, or is not a kit.

[quote author="thestudio"]To Ed,

Please post here when transformers are ready[/quote]

the page to order should go up in the next few days. i will post again when all is in readyness.

ed

Hi Peter
sorry for being a pita,but i just can`t seem to find the switch`s for this project.
if you could drop a hint.....
best regards
pedro

speaking of when God was a boy, i got this api output ready to send back to the nice guy from the uk,
so apologies, its coming back with some extra stuff.
cj
remember when we took that apart?

hey, i was thinking, which is a miracle in itself, why has not any one tried running an aPI without the output xfmr?
its 1:1, or 1:2, or is it 2:1, i don't know , but i do know you would not lost much gain to a ratio step up?

just stick a cap in there, and make sure whatever your running into, well, you have your chassis grounds all kosher.

IMPORTANT

Boys,
I've just found another boo-boo. :oops:
The output transformer termination switch/jumper is wrongly implimented.
Leave out the switch/jumper, or you'll be shorting the output when switched or jumped.
If you have the 600R resistor fitted, it will be permanently across the secondary.
If you want the next piece of gear to terminate the transformer, then leave out the 600R resistor.
If you need the switching capability, then a little trace cutting and rewiring is called for.
Sorry peeps.. :oops: :oops:

Look ere you soft Californian soak.... I reckon at 5 foot nothing I could still knock seven shades of shite out of you... even if you pulled the bayonet.

Back