525 build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter:

Been using the compressor alot the past couple weeks. Bass, vocals, even on some whacky guitar solos. This is the only FET compressor I've used other than 1176s... very different. Good stuff !!! :thumb:

Still playing with the attack crack...

[quote author="Greg"]Still playing with the attack crack...[/quote]

I'll have to build another to get to the bottom of this.
Thinking that we might have to go to a much larger attack pot, say 100K.

peter

The contact directly above the left screw is the pole... see how it is always in contact with the inner wafer in all positions.

hey Peter, you an America football fan? My howetown team is playing at Wembley Sunday !!! Who Dat !!!

wafermark.jpg

[quote author="Greg"]hey Peter, you an America football fan? My howetown team is playing at Wembley Sunday !!! Who Dat !!![/quote]

Wembley is our national sports stadium.
NFL: New Orleans Saints v San Diego Chargers
Football is played with the feet.

C'mon, Peter... don't fall into the semantics crowd. If you don't like the game, hey that's fine. But you guys have to get over the name... it happened before I was even born. I at least said "American Football" to draw a clear distinction.

Should be a good game.

Cheers. :guinness:

[quote author="janczmok"]can you draw the position into the flickr post ?
[/quote]

No.. really.. it was no trouble at all.
Just had to do a screen grab, because you can't save from flickr.
Edit that, import into photoshop, add some text, upload to my site and make the post.
Took no more than 10 minutes.
There really is no need for thanks. It was my pleasure.

Coming along, but you should have left C3 off the board.
It also looks like you haven't done the upright op amp mod.
Have you read the thread?

[quote author="peter purpose"]Coming along, but you should have left C3 off the board.
It also looks like you haven't done the upright op amp mod.
Have you read the thread?[/quote]

the cable on the addon board ? that is done. see the more "detailed" photos.
removing C3 now ...

any other changes ?

p.s.: just finished the switch :) now the metalwork just needs to arrive to finish that lovething board.

I hate to do this...but does anyone that's already made these have a BOM with actual part #'s from Digikey or Mouser? Everytime I try to order something, I always end up getting wrong parts and wasting a bunch of money, no matter how much I read or accurate I think I am. It would help a bunch.

Thanks!
Sig

I have one (Mouser), but I still need to make a few updates for that very reason. I ordered a couple wrong parts... but that's DIY. It's unavoidable. :cool:

May I ask about the LM 39XX...
Has someone a farnell ref please??I'm lost with this one , don't know which one I need....
Thx.

Latest posts

Back