8 Channel, 3U NEVE 1073 completed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, so the transistors are so cheap that i will just buy new ones, and not spend time trying to figure out if what i have will work...  i have to get some caps from mouser anyway, so i was looking for the MPSA18's there. 

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=MPSA18RLRAGvirtualkey58410000virtualkey863-MPSA18RLRAG

these are the ones i presume?

Hello.
Does anybody have a PCB Layout or complete PCB itself ?
Already a month had passed since I have contacted the topic starter.
Regards...

what power transformer are people using with 4 channels, powered on a JLM power station?

i have a wall wart style that i was going to use, but i think i will replace.

mike

sr1200 said:
Check my posts, its a bunch of pages back but i believe i gave the avel lindbergh TX model that works well with this project for 4 (or more) boards.

It looks like you say that you used "Avel Lindberg Model Y236351".  i am looking at that transformer now (http://avellindberg.com/transformers/y23_range_specs.htm) and it looks like the secondary voltage is "12+12v".  Meaning there are two 12v secondary taps, i imagine they get me the 24v im looking for?

Thanks, just double checking on the that TX.

Mike

So, i am not using a JLM go-between.  but i have wired up a phantom and phase switch.  My input goes from XLR, to the phantom circuit, to the phase switch.. to connect to the transfomer, do i just take my two leads off the phase switch to pins 2 and 5 on the input tx?

so maybe this will help.  a picture!  my input shield goes to the phantom circuit, and the shield ends where the mic cable hits the turrets.  from there the signal splits and goes to the phase switch, with no shield.

can i just go from the phase switch to the transformer with no shield?  or do i need to reconstruct the shield to go to the phase switch?  in which case, where on the switch does the shield connect, before going to the transformer?

Also, i have the shield on the output jack, which i think, as long as i dont have it connected to the Transformer, is OK (per the assembly instructions), however i also have the shield connected to the output jacks ground lug.. is that ok?

Attachments

• chassis no boards.jpg
    chassis no boards.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 110
http://www.preservationsound.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/BalPad_switched-copy.gif

i was thinking i will use the second drawing here, but instead of a stepped pad, just having the 20db pad. 

Is there any reason the 470r and 100r values will not work with this project?

Mike

no reason why not - just use the values for the 20dB pad without the rest of the circuit.

I am using the 3-way pad as output attenuator in my current  build.

rgds

PeteC

berkleystudios said:
just making sure that was up to date, sent an email but havent gotten a response yet

Sorry for the "brief lapse in service". :) I've had some difficulties getting the boards made, but I got things sorted out and will have them in 3 weeks.

All the best,

Martin

Be thankful they're still available. I would've thought they'd be gone a while back...

Glad to hear it Martin! I bought two a while back but I know I can fit four in the same case so I'll be ordering two more when they are ready :)

Latest posts

Back