8 channel AD converter idea/discussion

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="TobWen"][quote author="jdbakker"]I also said that the faster the logic family (more precisely: the faster the rise/fall times), the more noise it will generate. You want logic that is just fast enough (within the full operating rate, naturally), but no faster. I have not seen any evidence that LVC hits that spot.[/quote]

I've read this again:
Aren't good fast rise/fall times important for clocking-signals?[/quote]

Yes, but you don't want "too fast" because you'll have EMI problems as well as signal-integrity problems (ringing/overshoot leading to double-clocking and worse).

Also, a series termination resistor at the driver and matching the driver output impedance to the PCB trace goes a long way towards mitigating transmission-line effects.

A friend of mine also added:
When choosing full synchronisation, it might happen that meta-stability appears between SCKL and LRCK. The flank-direction of SCKL is important.

"Flank-direction" ??? What is that?

-a

The upcoming Aphex 142 converter uses the CS5368.

I had one on order but decided to get a Lynx for various reasons. Still, the 141/142 might prove good value for the money.

Back