Acoustic Absorbers & Diffusers: REMOVED

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we still respect intellectual property of creators of commercial products here?

The book is still distributed in bound and digital form.

I'm all for free knowledge sharing and have no problem sharing expired or orphaned works online.

But that is definitely not the case here. This bears legal risks for the forum, too.

How would we react if our music, designs, movies etc. would be shared here for free?

Do we still respect intellectual property of creators of commercial products here?

The book is still distributed in bound and digital form.

I'm all for free knowledge sharing and have no problem sharing expired or orphaned works online.

But that is definitely not the case here. This bears legal risks for the forum, too.

How would we react if our music, designs, movies etc. would be shared here for free?
We did not copy it, only found it on a website I cannot recall. Sorry, we had no idea it was still being published. The copies we found were $300+.

Ethan has a lot of free information on his website... Ethan's home page

I helped him proofread his audio expert book.

JR
The Audio Expert book is a must read for anyone in the industry. Very neat to read you proof read it.

Fun story. We had connected with Mr. Winer some time ago (pre-corona) about using his book in our Homeschooling program. He of course was delighted and offered support. In fact, in the event we are able to pull together a formitable online program The Audio Expert would be the bulk of our course. Mr. Winer has even put us in touch with the publishers to offer the book at a discount for participating members. The purchase of the book would double as registration so there was no actual payment for the program.

These ideas are always in the works in the background.

Wall

Last edited:
I have known Ethan Winer since the 70s. He takes a little too much pleasure stirring up the audiophools but he is fighting the good fight (against BS).

JR

I couldn't help but picture Mr. Winer and his cats in a Dr. Claw pose enjoying his stew. We found a few videos where he was calling people out directly. Very entertaining.

One day, with some luck, we hope to try some of his real traps in our house.

Wall

I couldn't help but picture Mr. Winer and his cats in a Dr. Claw pose enjoying his stew. We found a few videos where he was calling people out directly. Very entertaining.

One day, with some luck, we hope to try some of his real traps in our house.

Wall
Back in the 80s when I rented Ethan a room in my (rented) house, my dog and his cat(s) did not get along. As I recall we worked to keep them apart. kitten.png
This is one of Ethan's kittens violating my living space.

JR

Should change the title to Cats of Engineers.

Here is a pic of our cat when he was just a newborn. Momma is very affectionate and we got our family cat and this pic thanks to her.

Attachments

• IMG_2530.jpg
    IMG_2530.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back