AES 2018 (New York)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountCyanide

GDIY Supporter
Show of hands?
I'll be going for the first time and I'm stoked.
Looking forward to the Audio Builders Workshop and, of course, the plethora o booths.
I'd love to have a beer and a hello with folks from here.
Hopefully some of our wizards will be there.

Cyrus

I used to attend AES-NY every year when I lived in CT, and later when I was paid to work several trade shows a year, but I am happy to now miss yet another one.  8)

One thing I liked about AES was that it brought together all audio technology disciplines, not just recording or making music. Other industry trade shows are more specialized. So get around to all the small booths.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
don't forget pastrami sandwiches, and cheesecake....

JR

Juniors is my favorite restaurant. I’ve been going for close to 30 years now. They know me. I’m not really a cheesecake guy but all the baked goods are fantastic.  They do a type of danish that is like like a coffee cake that they only do one sheet a day. It’s not on the menu and 2 for1 after 3 PM. Mmmm.

Oh man I love me some east coast food.
It's one of several reasons I'm starting to split more time between coasts.
I stay in New Haven and can't get enough of the apizza.
And when I return to LA, I "try" to work it off.

JohnRoberts said:
One thing I liked about AES was that it brought together all audio technology disciplines, not just recording or making music. Other industry trade shows are more specialized. So get around to all the small booths.

JR
Definitely looking forward to that. I've only done NAMM (ONCE!) and I know it's not even close. But refusing to ever go back is probably why I lost an endorsement from one of my favorite brands  :eek:

MountCyanide said:
Oh man I love me some east coast food.
It's one of several reasons I'm starting to split more time between coasts.
I stay in New Haven and can't get enough of the apizza.
And when I return to LA, I "try" to work it off.

I'm about twenty miles outside New Haven, in Southbury. Next time you're out this way, perhaps drop by to say hello.

Latest posts

Back