Allen & Heath ML4000 issues

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilan

Hi,
A friend of mine gave me a 44*8*2 allen & heath ML4000 console for my home studio.
This board have some issues:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpJnTCamEA8&feature=youtu.be
* In all the input channels the faders doesn't work, the signal passing thru the board and reach to the LR out / group out / aux send, but the channels faders doesn't work.
* Mute buttons and PFL buttons doesn't work
*VCA groups doesn't works.

The three voltage LED indicators showing that the board getting the right voltage from the PSU.

Please advice how can I solve those issues?

Well maybe hes not much of a friend! If you are technically savvy, there are lots of threads on here about fixing mixers.
If you are not savvy, then work out what it will cost to hire a technician to fix it. Maybe its not worth it. Only you can tell.

This mixer has a complex assignment system Sometimes channel faders will not work if the group fader it is assigned to is not up. I suggest you download and read carefully the user manual. It may just be finger trouble.

Cheers

IOan

Well, this is a live console, so it has assignable VCA controllers in the centre section. Audio does not pass through the input faders, they control a VCA, if you assign one of the 8 VCA controller groups in the centre section then they will act as a master controller to you channel fader, so if your channels are assigned to any VCA group and the VCA group is down and muted then the channel won't pass audio.

Note that VCA controllers are only that, they do not pass signal and are not an output buss such as a subgroup - the actually routing subgroups are above the red VCA controllers and have light blue fader caps.

Latest posts

Back