Another microphone mod company?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tubetec said:
If you are looking to get rid of the 57's Whoops I'll pay postage on 'um  :D

3 years ago I was in East Timor doing 2 gigs.
People there are amazing people but they are really really poor, also foreign equipment is really expensive for them.
In one of our gigs we had a group of young guys that had a collaborative music association, they had very limited equipment but that was the equipment it was hired for the gig, also there was not much better in whole East Timor.
I remember the guys being impressed with my mini-jack to 2x RCA cable (had Neutrik plugs), I gave the cable straight away to them.

Well long story short, they were really nice kids and people but didn't had the resources, so I think I will donate my 57s to them, probably plus some other things...

Recording Engineer said:
Which ones are you using now? Most anything modern, I either have or tried, but certainly not all, by any means. I’ll grab more on anyone’s recommendation.

It might be that I got fed up with the 57 sound because it was so usual and started to easily recognize it...

On guitars I like:

Sen e906 (and the vintage MD409 and BF509), also Behringer B906 is a good alternative (I don't like the cheaper sennheiser 609 and 606)
Sen MD421, really like it on guitars
Electro Voice Raven
Shure SM7
Sen MD441
Beyer M160, love the sound of this mic on guitars
Royer R-121, or T Bone RM700 also quite good for a cheap price
AKG D770, used to use this one on Metal guitars and I liked it

On Snare:

Electro Voice Cardinal, I'm really enjoying this one at the moment
Sen MD441, always like this one
Sen MD421, for a more fat snare
Beyer M201, for a more snappier snare
Sontronics Solo

These are the ones I've been using lately some of them are the same price of the 57, a few are cheaper, others are more expensive.

Latest posts

Back