Another pillar of the Deep State Conspiracy crumbles

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big 'Shout Out' today and everyday to all those right wing commentators waking up and wondering what the hell shite they'll have to defend in the coming hours:

Latest is Rudy Giuliani filmed in a bedroom getting all inappropriate with the young actress playing Borat's daughter, gets caught with his hands down his pants fiddling with little donald

Hahahaha    ;D ;D

I have grown weary of most of the political hackery that is the current flavor of the month...Borat is one of the most racist "gotcha" games ever portrayed (The people of Kazakhstan are his "target" race and they are deeply offended, but because we don't give them a voice its all ok???)

Here's someone I would never enjoy until it is placed in a different context...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGAAhzreGWw&feature=emb_logo

iomegaman said:
I have grown weary of most of the political hackery that is the current flavor of the month...Borat is one of the most racist "gotcha" games ever portrayed (The people of Kazakhstan are his "target" race and they are deeply offended, but because we don't give them a voice its all ok???)

Kazakhstan has much worse problems than Borat (I'm currently reading "Kleptopia: How Dirty Money Is Conquering the World" by Tom Burgis which has a good rundown of it).

living sounds said:
Kazakhstan has much worse problems than Borat (I'm currently reading "Kleptopia: How Dirty Money Is Conquering the World" by Tom Burgis which has a good rundown of it).

Of course my point was simply that I think its wrong to give ANY entertainer a pass just because he tricks the people you don't like...Borat has made a cottage industry out of exposing all sorts of things in "gotcha" sort of videos, I don't find it funny...he paints a picture of Kazakhstan that is inaccurate and we gloss over because he's tricking the people we want tricked...its a very racist portrayal of them by the way and we fail to acknowledge it because it doesn't fit our own definition of racism.

When I was growing up people used the word "pollock" to denigrate you and call you an idiot...it was a racial slur against polish people, but it was meant to insult you....racism doesn't have to contain skin color to be racism...we tend to give Borat a pass, I don't think we should..."Gotcha" traps only reveal that people trust, it does not reveal how trustworthy THEY are.

I can’t comment because I’ve never watched anything he’s done... The tiny bit I have caught with an eye for a sec hasn’t interested me what-so-ever; which is why I’ve never seen anything.

It's satire, for (insert prefered deity here)'s sake.

And it's not really about Kazakhstan, he's mostly exposing bigotry and hatred within western societies. It's very obviously not "racism".

Nobody is more pissed-off by Borat's portrayal of Kazakhstan than the corrupt, murderous elites of that eastern European kleptocracy.

It's important to have comedians rattle the cages of our minds from time to time, don't you think?

It used to be that the left were attacking rigid thinking on the right through comedy (religion, authority, tradition), now the left has developed their very own rigid thinking.

We should not be so fragile.

Guys, my comment really was exclusively about the tweets etc. that I saw from right-wing pundits going all out on the defense and insisting that Giuliani was "not massaging or touching his genitals" but merely "tucking in his shirt".  This was what I found funny.  I hadn't even seen the clip at the time.    I suspect the right-wing pundits hadn't seen it either but that's probably beside the point. 

Anyway, it may be that Sacha Baron Cohen's Brit style of satirical comedy doesn't translate that well to some US tastes, dunno?
I'm not here to defend it, you either enjoy it for what it is or you don't.    It's all good :)   

Talking of humour, it looks like the next President of the United States will be either a clown or a basket case. Would be funny if it weren't so damned serious.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Talking of humour, it looks like the next President of the United States will be either a clown or a basket case. Would be funny if it weren't so damned serious.

I'm sure you remember the original 'Spitting Image' from 1984 -  "Ronnie" Reagan with the flip top head that revealed a golf ball for his brain. 

w74mh2mcdfv51.png

Winston O'Boogie said:
I'm sure you remember the original 'Spitting Image' from 1984 -  "Ronnie" Reagan with the flip top head that revealed a golf ball for his brain.

Yup, I rememeber that. Some things never change. The new Spitting Image is c..p.

Cheers

Ian

Don't necessarily support claims made by this Republican-backed documentary, but find it an interesting perspective that completes some of the information circle; arguments and positions that no anti-Trump media channels would highlight.

The Plot against the President
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LMJ93LL

I have been patiently waiting for results from the Durham investigation and buried inside the saturday newspaper was that FBI lawyer who admitted to falsifying evidence in support documents for FISA court applications to investigate Trump associates during the 2016 campaign, was sentenced to "probation" and community service. The judge said the media firestorm and loss of job was enough punishment.

This just demonstrates the huge difference between how Trump supporters and Trump opponents have been treated by our justice system.

I don't give a flip about what happens to Clinesmith (FBI lawyer) but am concerned that the FISA court shows such little respect for the integrity of their own court procedures. Effectively giving the FBI a slap on the wrist for falsifying evidence to extend a surveillance warrant into a political campaign.

I'm sure opinions will vary about this. I expect the vast majority working inside the FBI are honest.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
This just demonstrates the huge difference between how Trump supporters and Trump opponents have been treated by our justice system.
JR

You do actually know the details of what he did, don't you?  That it was for the fourth FISA warrant for Page?
He certainly should have gone back to the CIA for clarification,  altering the email was absolutely wrong, and if he hadn't done so it's possible the surveillance of Page would have ended sooner than it did.  I personally don't care if the guy gets probation(seems typical) or serves actual jail time.  But to shriek that this shows how UNFAIR! the justice system was to Trump's crew of crooks is ridiculous. 

Comments like your previous one indicate that you really do buy into Trump's paranoid fantasies, and it's very disappointing, honestly. 

JohnRoberts said:
I totally agree.  If he had altered the email to discredit the FISA application for Page, he would have been pardoned by Trump, and would be back to practicing already.

If you think Trump supporters are treated so unfairly, perhaps you should ask Manafort, Flynn, Roger Stone, Rod Blagojevich, Joe Arpaio, Dinesh D'Souza, Bannon, Chris Collins, Duncan Hunter, Steve Stockman, Rick Renzi, Robin Hayes, Mark Siljander, Randall Cunningham, or any of the others convicted of Medicare fraud that supported the GOP that are now free with clear records.

hodad said:
You do actually know the details of what he did, don't you?  That it was for the fourth FISA warrant for Page?
He certainly should have gone back to the CIA for clarification,  altering the email was absolutely wrong, and if he hadn't done so it's possible the surveillance of Page would have ended sooner than it did.  I personally don't care if the guy gets probation(seems typical) or serves actual jail time.  But to shriek that this shows how UNFAIR! the justice system was to Trump's crew of crooks is ridiculous. 

Comments like your previous one indicate that you really do buy into Trump's paranoid fantasies, and it's very disappointing, honestly.
The expected response...

JR

JohnRoberts said:
The expected response...

JR
It's been a while since you engaged with any of my comments (or vice versa).  I hoped maybe you'd realized you were wrong to support Trump and had no interest in either admitting your mistake or in continuing to defend a man you no longer believed in. 

But then, I've always been an optimist.

Back