Antagonist in Chief

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WWW said:
What is the ‘Great Replacement’ Theory?

The “great replacement” theory, in simple terms, states that welcoming immigration policies — particularly those impacting nonwhite immigrants — are part of a plot designed to undermine or “replace” the political power and culture of white people living in Western countries.

Voter replacement: The theory also sometimes incorporates the inaccurate assumption that nonwhite immigrants will vote a certain way, and therefore pro-immigration policies are designed by elites to diminish the political influence of white Americans.
Republicans and right-wing media figures who push versions of this theory sanitize it by casting the threat posed by invading immigrants as primarily a political threat, not a racial one. You can see this trick at play when Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) says that Democrats “want to change the makeup of the electorate." You can see it when Ohio GOP Senate candidate J.D. Vance claims that Democrats “have decided that they can’t win reelection in 2022 unless they bring a large number of new voters to replace the voters that are already here.” And you see this trick at work when Rep. Elise Stefanik of New York, the No. 3 in the House GOP leadership, declares that Democrats would legalize undocumented immigrants in a “PERMANENT ELECTION INSURRECTION.”
When Republicans float versions of “great replacement theory” — usually something like, “Democrats want to import immigrants to bring in more Democratic voters” — it smuggles these ideas into the mainstream in a sanitized form, which could lead people to start exploring the more virulent ideological core of this movement.
Conservative activist and radio host Charlie Kirk said on his show that the Biden administration’s immigration policy “is about bringing in voters that they like and, honestly, diminishing and decreasing white demographics in America.”

Last edited:
Matador said WWW said:
What is the ‘Great Replacement’ Theory?

The “great replacement” theory, in simple terms, states that welcoming immigration policies — particularly those impacting nonwhite immigrants — are part of a plot designed to undermine or “replace” the political power and culture of white people living in Western countries.
This only considers race... we should be better than that.
Voter replacement: The theory also sometimes incorporates the inaccurate assumption that nonwhite immigrants will vote a certain way, and therefore pro-immigration policies are designed by elites to diminish the political influence of white Americans.
ding ding ding... IMO this is the flawed ASSumption the modern democratic party is operating under.
Republicans and right-wing media figures who push versions of this theory sanitize it by casting the threat posed by invading immigrants as primarily a political threat, not a racial one. You can see this trick at play when Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) says that Democrats “want to change the makeup of the electorate." You can see it when Ohio GOP Senate candidate J.D. Vance claims that Democrats “have decided that they can’t win reelection in 2022 unless they bring a large number of new voters to replace the voters that are already here.” And you see this trick at work when Rep. Elise Stefanik of New York, the No. 3 in the House GOP leadership, declares that Democrats would legalize undocumented immigrants in a “PERMANENT ELECTION INSURRECTION.”
nonsense... the new voting blocks are only possible for some future votes, after they have been granted citizenship. This is just more divisive race baiting.
When Republicans float versions of “great replacement theory” — usually something like, “Democrats want to import immigrants to bring in more Democratic voters” — it smuggles these ideas into the mainstream in a sanitized form, which could lead people to start exploring the more virulent ideological core of this movement.
again this assumes all republicans are racist, while all politicians lust for power.... That's why our founders worked to limit federal power.
Conservative activist and radio host Charlie Kirk said on his show that the Biden administration’s immigration policy “is about bringing in voters that they like and, honestly, diminishing and decreasing white demographics in America.”
Thanks for the heads up, another blowhard I can avoid.

JR

Let's see if I can rephrase my thoughts more simply. This administration's actively open southern border is in my judgement not specifically about altering racial demographics as an end goal target, but for accumulating future political influence (votes).
There, you already are unconvincing. Putting the whole problem on one, current administration, that is not from your team, puts up a red flag, from the beginning, that this is more about political leanings and narratives than it is reason.

Again, the border problem has been with us my entire life under both parties. To imply otherwise is asinine and only used for political purpose. Period.
This strategy is based on the IMO flawed ASSumption that minorities "always" vote democratic.
Let’s follow this irrational logic… So you truly believe that this national DNC strategy is simply based on that flawed assumption (it would be if true)? Really? Then the GOP has nothing to worry about! They should embrace it, let it happen, and let it blow up in their face! Honestly, that’d be about as rich as the GOP’s strategy of King Donald Trump. On the other hand, I’m not convinced. It sounds exactly like opposing narrative, slowly pulled into the mainstream from the depth of the far-right internet.
The new republican congresswoman from south TX reflects current thinking especially near the southern border.
Please explain what you’re implying, I’m still not sure at all. I’ve now looked her up and on a very very quick look, she’s quite the crazy conspiracy theorist herself! I see she became a citizen at age 14. Please don’t make me guess what’s being implied.
For those ignorant of our history we are a nation of immigrants so a changing demographic is ingrained in our nation's culture. Of course we are also a nation of laws, so legal immigration should be orderly and follow the rules. The current border "free for all" (2M already this fiscal year) is unsustainable.
Since I have no idea what you’re implying about Rep Flores, I feel I should point out she we’re not talking of illegal immigration in her case.

In fact, that in itself is further throws this theory out the window for me. This “current administration open border free for all” is about illegal immigration. How are they to vote anything? Let me guess. They’re all illegally voting left even though though they’re more conservative than you. Hashtag ElectionFraud
I’m now understanding how all these conspiracies link together. Ridiculousness fueling ridiculousness nonsense.
I grow weary of being called racist/white supremecist. Calling all white people racist, is defacto racism.
No one is calling you racist here. I am simply pointing out that these tactics are based in our racism history and you may want to know who you’re associated with, with these tactics. These tactics are used today for political viewership, ratings, attention, and financial anglings and gains, for a very real reason. I know it, Carlson knows it, Trump knows it, the GOP knows it. That segment of the US population, their offspring, and all their friends who quietly teeter with racism and don’t necessarily recognize it themselves, are still large enough to gets important votes from. Why do you think Trump can’t say or condemn things that most anyone else would instantly? There’s a big reason.

Well I was going to quote what you originally wrote again, but I can’t seem to find it now. Weird.

Do I really need to point out that the thought you expressed in the second half (one that I tend to agree with) doesn’t support the likely scenario you mentioned in the first half? You already knew that though. You did mention the irony.

Last edited:
again this assumes all republicans are racist,
Large swaths of the Republican party are indeed racist; the GOP even courts racist voters; Republican policy, if not outright racist, has become "racist adjacent." When you talk about some grand scheme to bring in immigrants to build the Democratic base, you're just espousing a whitewashed version of Great Replacement Theory. I don't think you're anti-semitic, but you're espousing an idea that in fact has its roots in anti-semitism. As is often the case, you seem blithely unaware of the origins of something you espouse here, and maybe you're also blithely unconcerned that you're espousing a watered-down version of an anti-semitic conspiracy theory. That's your prerogative, I suppose.

The Republican party is not changing (for the better) the opinions and attitudes of the racists whose votes it actively courts; unfortunately, the GOP is changing (for the worse) to appeal to racist voters.

Can I like that 100 more times? I like the way you’ve said it better.

It was always there in the underbelly, but the likes of Carton and Trump brought it to the forefront loud and proud, making it much more obvious, so it’s now mainstream.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back