Anyone built a Gainclone?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes i saw it it's very good i have a 3xlm3886 and it works very good
but i want to know if a could make a small pcb to ad in my amp to bridge or not my dual channel lm3886 amp

thank you

for exemple if i invert the phase of one of the 2 channels maybe i can get signal from the 2 output?

i'm sorry for my 'stupid question' but i'm not engeneer but just a 'sunday diyer'

and can my dual channel be loaded by speakers with 16ohms without problem?

thank you for you answers

Hello guys, i made a copy of gainclone

but before testing i wanted to be sure about something

i have a transformer 2x42v 150w

will the lm3886 stand this tension?

i see it is limited at 72V now i can throw 84V

any risk?

any sollution?

thanks

David

42V AC will typically rectify-out as 59V DC.

+/-59V is FAR beyond the chip's ratings.

28V-0-28V is plenty hot. 24V-0-24V is much safer.

There's scads of information and discussions about GainClone, whole forums full. I'm startled you did not already find this information.

That wasn't the point, the point was that you cannot use the transformer you mentioned.

it is a 2x42 so i guess i can take only 2 of the 4 wires to have a 42v with floating ground, right ?

A floating ground won't work with a power amp. It may not work well with low-power, signal-level (preamp) circuitry either.

I was about to say there's lots on power supplies in this forum, but no, I was thinking of that OTHER forum that has (among other things) a lively chip-amp subforum. There's still, of course, good power supply discussion in THIS forum.

Also, I was amused at the phrase "copy of gainclone" (look up the history of the word gainclone, or even the word clone), also that this post was the first in this thread in 9 years. Now I can't remember the word for this, necro-something ... necro-posting?

Latest posts

Back